beach resort w/ safe beach good for 11 and 9 year old boys Brazil or Uruguay

shayla

Registered
Hello,

We are looking for a beach resort to go to after Christmas, that caters to familys with a lot of kid activities on a very nice, calm, safe beach. We will fly so Brazil or Uruguay are fine.

A travel agent recommended Buzios Breezes but Trip Advisor reviews were not overwhelmingly positive. I personally love tropical beaches but I know Uruguayan beaches would not be tropical but as long as the beach is calm, no undertows and the resort had a kids club I think I'd be happy.

Any recomendations on location and resorts?

Thank you.
Shayla

I think Buzios was a good suggestion. Lots of nice beaches. Stay anywhere and go to a different beach each day. I'd also look at some of the resorts in Pria do Forte. If budget permits, Tivoli Ecoresort has a ton of kids activities and lots of babysitters. We were there one Christmas and the kids were having a great time. Definitely go to Brazil over Uruguay.

I had a longing look at Breezes as well, if my budget were bigger I´d be heading there. (as it is, we´re going to Florianopolis).
My problem looking at the resorts in Buzios was the amount of people they cater for, sounds like hanging out at a shopping mall on a Sunday afternoon instead of a vacation! However, if you don´t mind crowds, the kids activities there looked amazing!

Buzios has some lovely, small hotels. Casas Brancas is one I love. Not cheap, but Brazil is expensive in general. The Brazilans consider BA cheap. IMO, Floripa doesn't compare to the other Brazilian beach resort towns except for it's fabled nightlife.

I agree, jb5, everything I've seen online shows that Buzios is a much nicer place to go, we were all set to go to Buzios, either in Breezes (which ended up just being too expensive) or a pousada called la foret which looks lovely. But then we saw the airline schedule, flying from BA to Rio arriving at 8pm, then to Buzios from there is another 3 hrs (?) so we'd be arriving late at night on our first of only 7 night's accommodation, it just didn't add up. Also, we have 3 kids, aged 8, 5 and 1 1/2. Our 1 1/2 yr old is 'that' nightmare kid that everyone dreads when we travel, and the thought of that long haul to get to Buzios plus the idea of losing a day's 'holiday' are the only things that convinced us of Floripa.

I can recommend Costa do Santinho in Florianopolis. Not a mega resort but plenty of activities and a calm beach in a little bay.

We may be going again this summer.

Feel free to ask me private questions if you need more specific info.

Angel, Floripa is convenient from BA. And yes, Buzios is a pain, can't even imagine that ride with 3 small kids! But I just love it. Save it for a time it's just you and your husband! Hopefully the Real keeps getting devalued and Brazil becomes reasonable again.

I would suggest also boracay in the philippines. These beach has a white sand. Many tourist visited boracay..:)

Back