Bean Bag: Where can I buy the best and biggest one?

This would be nice:
discount-bean-bag-chairs.jpg

Walk through ONCE.

Like Calle Uriburu or Pasteur or something towards Pueyrredon between Lavalle & ~Peron.

I've definitely walked passed a place that sells them, only without the delicious cherry on top.

Once is probably the cheapest option.

Calma chica sell stuff like this in their palermo branch (honduras 4909), its a bit pricey though.

I finally made it over to Once to seek out my ultimate bean bag chair. Interesting neighborhood. I understand the market for fabric stores. But not the party stores with all the raw ingredients to make costumes. If anyone knows why there is such a market for those kinds of stores I'd be interested in knowing.

I found the bean bag chairs on Azcuénaga just a few doors up from Lavalle between Azcuénaga and Corrientes.

They are normal sized, not the gigantic size I was looking for, but still substantial enough. $75 pesos each. I bought two.

Sad to say neither had that lovely cherry on top.

diplomacy said:
I finally made it over to Once to seek out my ultimate bean bag chair. Interesting neighborhood. I understand the market for fabric stores. But not the party stores with all the raw ingredients to make costumes. If anyone knows why there is such a market for those kinds of stores I'd be interested in knowing.

Every wedding, some big birthdays, some special event parties, and most probably most quinceaneras devolve into a bizarre carnival-like ("carnaval" en Portuguese) festival where people are wearing strange outlandish hats, masks, and maybe sunglasses.

Noise makers, whistles, and maraca-like toys attempt to drowned out the cumbia & reggaeton as confetti, streamers, and other crapo are thrown into the air. Inflatable (baseball) bats and other phallus-like objects are used to smack people by the drunk fat guy who's finding an annoying, yet relatively harmless way to release his sexual frustration and/or jealousy of the groom for marrying his Maria. (or Mary... think of the infatuation of "Mary" from "There's Something About Mary", plus half the female population has the first name of "Maria".)

This is an actual wedding pic-

n679550081_2885413_9274.jpg

As is this-

n679550081_2884580_9686.jpg

...and if you're wondering if this is a photo of a sexually frustrated fat guy who beat the crap out of the groom for a while with the inflatable bat?... well, the answer would be yes.

At another wedding the parents of the bride (NOT from Argentina) couldn't understand why they were supposed to bring a change of clothing to the reception, but when they saw a carnival erupt and everything turn into a scene from Mardi Gras (minus the bride showing everyone her tits), they went with it. It was the most bizarre thing that they had ever seen, but if wearing stupid plastic hats and putting bright red balls on their nose was going to make their daughter happy, then they were going to do it.

n785010281_5114925_1226.jpg

And they did.

You don't have to understand why it is done (because most expats, including me, don't have a clue as to its origin), but it's best to just accept it and be happy that you now know where to get your supplies for future reference.

suerte amigo,

Nap

Napoleon,

Thanks so much for this amusing explanation :) It certainly fills in that dumbfounded blank I had of not only the stores, but the multitude of people that were swarming over the area. And yes, there was a Mardi Gras feeling to the paraphernalia - right down to the necklaces.

Thanks so much.

-- Mark

Bean bags! I thought of this thread last week!

I saw a whack of them in Tigre at the fair/market. If you are interested in going, I can try and explain the directions to the exact store that had a lot of bean bags of varying sizes, colours, and forms!

Back