Bedframe/Closet Advice?

andrew.lyubarsky

Registered
Hello everyone.

My girlfriend and I are looking to potentially move to an apartment in Monserrat, and the room that we've been looking into is a little low in the furniture department.

The two essential things that we'd like to get is a queen sized bed-frame (she's not too keen on the sleeping-on-a-mattress-on-the-floor option) and some sort of cheap closet for clothes. I know in the United States, Wal-Mart and other big box retailers sell cloth closets that you can put together... I imagine this might not exist here? What would be our cheapest option for clothes storage?

Where could we go to buy this cheaply, how much should we expect to spend, and how would we go about transporting this stuff to our apartment [and what would be the cost associated with this transportation]?

Thanks,

Andrew

Oh and I know there is a Walmart in Avellaneda... they don't have the same furniture options as they would in the US, would they?

I would not go for Walmart as the prices are not what you are used to and neither is the selection. Take a walk down Rivadavia, start about one block south of Congreso and as you get toward Pueyrredon there are many low cost furniture stores that sell all kinds of ready to put together furniture, econmical mattresses, cabinets, closets, etc. However the prices are not as low as you may be used to, since most ready to assemble furniture comes from china, Argentina puts a hefty import tax on it. Also you can try one of those unpainted furniture stores, they make low cost pine furniture. If you want better quality stuff try a used furniture store, (there are several on Bartolomé Mitre between Montevideo and Rodriguez Peña) and a few on Rodriguez Peña near Perón. There are alson tons of furniture stores (higher end) along Avenida Belgrano between Entre Rios & Jujuy. Good luck.

Thank you for the information, David.

Do you have any idea what we could reasonably expect in terms of transportation costs if we needed to get a closet or bedframe from Once to Monserrat? Would a furniture store offer such a service?

Thanks again.

andrew.lyubarsky said:
Thank you for the information, David.

Do you have any idea what we could reasonably expect in terms of transportation costs if we needed to get a closet or bedframe from Once to Monserrat? Would a furniture store offer such a service?

Thanks again.

Most furniture stores will have a "flete" available for you to call to transport items from their stores. They usually charge about $100 per hour for a driver and a helper. So buy close to home if possible to cut down on transport costs. If it's raining or they have to go up the stairs they may charge you extra. Cheers.

Back