Been to Iguazu recently? ... need some info

2GuysInPM

Registered
How much are the car transfers from the airport to a hotel in Puerto Iguazu running for these days? How about transfers from the hotel to both parks (Argentina and Brazil). TIA! :)

I was there in July. The transfer from the airport to a downtown hotel (Yreta, quite good) was 150 pesos iirc, add some inflation. To the Argentine park it was 100 pesos but I would recommend taking the bus, it's comfortable and fast enough while it gives you the chance to meet people, the ticket costed 10 pesos iirc. I hope my memory's working and the info is useful. :) Enjoy the trip!

The only advice I would offer is to stay at the Sheraton. It is not a great Sheraton but the location can NOT be beat! More than worth the extra money to wake up every morning inside the park! You can have the falls to yourself long before the crowds arrive.

Try and arrange your visit for a Full Moon / the falls are tremendous normally but even better under a full moon !!

Thanks for the info and advice. We've been to the falls many times. I'm just trying to find out what inflation has done to prices for car transfer there; this for a friend of ours that's going in a few weeks.

If you don't really care that you're with a pile of people, there's also a mini bus service that leaves from the airport. As soon as you exit the baggage area it was right there on your left. I think I paid like 25 pesos or something, and there were maybe 8 or 10 people in a mini bus.

In any case I hope you have warned them that Puerto Iguazu is a depressing pit of a town without even a single decent place to eat.

I didn't find that. It's no Buenos Aires, but there were a few pubs and restaurants I went to that weren't bad at all.

I was there a couple weeks ago and I believe the price from airport to hotel in Puerto Iguazu was 120 pesos and 100 pesos to the park from the town. I also ate at a pleasant restaurant called La Rueda in the town, decent fish and good service.

LaurenW said:
I was there a couple weeks ago and I believe the price from airport to hotel in Puerto Iguazu was 120 pesos and 100 pesos to the park from the town. I also ate at a pleasant restaurant called La Rueda in the town, decent fish and good service.

I'm guessing the 100 pesos from town to park was on way. correct?

Back