Being Scammed By Hertz Argentina

Looks like the OP is German?

A U.S. bank will process a chargeback almost immediately and refund you the money until they conclude their investigation. Not sure how that works in Germany...

Hej, I am a Swede working in Germany. I use my Swedish CC all the time. The law there states you have to process the claim after the insident (sp). I have the feeling that in Anglo Saxon countries the CC is much better about stopping fraud payments. So I have to wait 7 weeks for MasterCard Sweden to investigate.

Sometimes it is possible to get a rental at a higher rate with no deductible or large hold on your credit card. I use a low limit card when renting cars , and them claim it lost and have it replaced. That way no additional charges can be made to it , for traffic violations to unjustified damage upon return of the car.

This has not been my experience. As I mentioned above, I had this exact problem with American Express a few years ago. At that time their systems always accepted foreign charges, they could not stop them without changing their software. The charges even followed me through all the fraud alerts we posted and even when I cancelled the card and got a new card issued.
I assume that they had strong business reasons for always allowing charges to be posted and leaving it was up to the cardholder to decline the charge. Ultimately they solved my problem but I assume these business reasons probably still exist so I no longer trust any cc company to protect me from fraudulent charges.

Hej, I asked my taxi driver yesterday what 20 000 ARS would buy and he proudly showed me his FIAT that is two years old. 15 000 ARS. I guess it depends on where you look and who one knows?

My Portero mentioned that he heard that a Fiat Uno ( the cheapest model) is being offered for 20 K somewhere in an Once yard :D :D

See the REAL offer for a Fiat UNO 1994 for $35,000.... :cool: 110K only 110K kmts.

http://autos.demotor...6-1994-110000km

fiat-uno-cl-1.6_480x360_3308284_1_330_82.jpg

This has not been my experience. As I mentioned above, I had this exact problem with American Express a few years ago. At that time their systems always accepted foreign charges, they could not stop them without changing their software. The charges even followed me through all the fraud alerts we posted and even when I cancelled the card and got a new card issued.
I assume that they had strong business reasons for always allowing charges to be posted and leaving it was up to the cardholder to decline the charge. Ultimately they solved my problem but I assume these business reasons probably still exist so I no longer trust any cc company to protect me from fraudulent charges.

Citicard allows you to obtain online a new Virtual CC number Valid for only One transaction and for a limited dollar amount

what kind of car would 150,000 pesos buy here?

Even more curious, what kind of apartment can one rent for 20000 pesos in bulk for 12 months at a average of 1670 pesos/rent or 120 usd a month?

what kind of car would 150,000 pesos buy here?

Even more curious, what kind of apartment can one rent for 20000 pesos in bulk for 12 months at a average of 1670 pesos/rent or 120 usd a month?

At Villa 31, Flea-Bite-Nite Hostel, shared bunk bed :rolleyes:

It belonged to a Little Old Lady form La Cava.

Little Old Lady liked music that pumps up the bass! Rockin' Gran' Ma, she'll bury us all

VALOR CON XENON, Y MUSICA ( BOOFER 12" DOS PARLANTES 6*9 PIOONER 450 W, POTENCIA 1500W 4 CANALES.)
Sin todo eso $31.000

Back