Belgrano Day School or Lincoln School?

Are you serious about those fees? That's really shocking. It would be interesting to see a list of the universities that accepted their graduates (class of 2023). If academic standards are really high, most students should have been admitted to leading universities.

Those fees are in fact bit low depending on when a student enrolled at Lincoln! - though it is primarily only the Argentine families that pay this out of pocket, as Lincoln is the designated US State Department school (and the designated school for several other diplomatic entities and corporations) and thus the majority of families are not paying this out of pocket. Students who graduate from Lincoln do generally get accepted into their preferred universities in the US and Europe, including the Ivys, though this of course also depends on the effort/wealth of the student. Argentine students graduating from Lincoln tend to go to university in the States as well. Academic standards are high and it also provides substantial support/access for students with specific learning needs, including programs/services that simply are not available elsewhere in Argentina.

My two sisters in law attended the Lincoln School. It was good in academics but socially difficult. The student turnover rate was high, so it was hard to form lasting friendships, one of the best things Argentina has to offer.

It followed the US academic year, so vacations never coincided with the local school calendar. All in all, a strange, isolated place totally alienated from its surroundings.

Those fees are in fact bit low depending on when a student enrolled at Lincoln! - though it is primarily only the Argentine families that pay this out of pocket, as Lincoln is the designated US State Department school (and the designated school for several other diplomatic entities and corporations) and thus the majority of families are not paying this out of pocket. Students who graduate from Lincoln do generally get accepted into their preferred universities in the US and Europe, including the Ivys, though this of course also depends on the effort/wealth of the student. Argentine students graduating from Lincoln tend to go to university in the States as well. Academic standards are high and it also provides substantial support/access for students with specific learning needs, including programs/services that simply are not available elsewhere in Argentina.
I would like to see a list of the universities recent graduates are attending to know just how successful the school really is.

My two sisters in law attended the Lincoln School. It was good in academics but socially difficult. The student turnover rate was high, so it was hard to form lasting friendships, one of the best things Argentina has to offer.

It followed the US academic year, so vacations never coincided with the local school calendar. All in all, a strange, isolated place totally alienated from its surroundings.
I think you are right: it is a isolated place alienated from its suroundings. Incidentally, there is another American style school called BAICA, also in Zona Norte. It's a religiously affiliated school.

I would like to see a list of the universities recent graduates are attending to know just how successful the school really is.
The most recent matriculation list I’ve seen was from the pandemic years (online learning) but it included the following schools. It seems Lincoln only graduates about 40-50 students per year (like other posters have said, high-turnover expat-oriented school).

QS World Rankings
#8 - National University of Singapore
#9 - UC London
#10 - Cal Berkeley
#13 - Cornell
#21 - University of Toronto
#22 - University of Edinburgh
#23 - Columbia
#26 - University of Hong Kong
#29 - UCLA
#30 - McGill University

Quite a few others of note on the list… Duke, NYU, Northwestern, Georgetown, Seoul National, Purdue, Kings College, Amsterdam, UC San Diego, UBA, Texas, Michigan, Boston, and a slew of other top state schools…

I didn’t realize until digging around a bit that UBA is at #95 in the world!

Is it any better than any elite Argentine school? Probably not. Would I pay 30k a year for my kid? Hell no. Dedicated students find a way to succeed regardless.

I think you are right: it is a isolated place alienated from its suroundings. Incidentally, there is another American style school called BAICA, also in Zona Norte. It's a religiously affiliated school.
I’ve heard good things about BAICA as well as Northlands. They aren’t accredited in the US though they both offer a very similar experience.

I’ve heard good things about BAICA as well as Northlands. They aren’t accredited in the US though they both offer a very similar experience.
Northlands doesn't follow a US curriculum; BAICA does.

Back