Belgrano

fishdrivingcars

Registered
Hi all,

I visited Buenos Aires last year, spending about a month there. During my stay I visited San Telmo, Recoleta and Palermo. I did not get round to seeing Belgrano.

I am currently doing a spot of research into apartments alquiler por temporada in BA. It seems that you get more for your money for an apartment in Belgrano than you do in say Palermo or Recoleta.

How would people that live there describe Belgrano? I get the impression that it is far quieter than San Telmo or Palermo for example. Is that the experience of people that live there?

As long as you steer clear from Av. Cabildo (the main street) you'll be fine. Alhough the area near "Barrancas de Belgrano" also can be pretty noisy (there's a bus and trainstation there). I've only lived there for a week (Belgrano) 2 blocks from Av. Cabildo and Juramento, but I really liked it. There are many shops, public transportation (until 22h) is good and it's not as hectic/overpriced as recoleta.

ReemsterCARP said:
As long as you steer clear from Av. Cabildo (the main street) you'll be fine. Alhough the area near "Barrancas de Belgrano" also can be pretty noise (there's a bus and trainstation there). I've only lived there for a week (Belgrano) 2 blocks from Av. Cabildo and Juramento, but I really liked it. There are many shops, public transportation (until 22h) is good and it's not as hectic/overpriced as recoleta.

I guess my main concern was actually that it may be lacking in things to do compared to other areas! My gut instinct is that having made the move abroad, I would rather find myself living somewhere a bit hectic than somewhere a bit sleepy.

On the map it looks quite close to Palermo--is it a walkable distance would you say?

Well, that depends on where you live In Belgrano. You can always take the 152 and 39 (and 29 i believe) busses that'll drop you off in Palermo within 10-15 minutes. And don't worry, there are many nice restaurants, parks and bars in Belgrano! :)

Belgrano is where I generally stay. If you enjoy walking (I do), you'll find the entire barrio within easy walking distance of Palermo; I've walked to the Microcentro more than once, but only when not pressed for time.

Belgrano (especially "Belgrano R", southwest of Av. Crámer) is "sleepier" than Palermo, Once, etc. I prefer that, but you might enjoy being closer to Av. Cabildo.

I love belgrano. Unless you're living up near nunez you're walking distance away (so long as a 10-20 minute walk doesn't scare you)

Palermo and Sant telmo are buzzier - more to see and do, and more tourists as a result. Really depends where you end up though, cabildo is noisy and pretty hectic, barrancas is pretty bustly at all times, china town area pulls in a lot of people.

You might like collegiales, its right next to Palermo but is quieter, cheaper and a really nice barrio with good restaurants and cafes.

Love Belgrano. It is not sleepy at all (except for Belgrano R, which I love). Don't hesitate to ask about locations for your rental.

My favorite area is sorrounded by these streets: Teodoro García, Vuelta de Obligado, Juramento and Libertador (minus the Barrio Chino streets)

I've been living here with my boyfriend for the past 4 years and we love it. There is everything you need without having to go to the center, o recoleta or palermo. When I say everything, I mean it! Believe me this is by far way cheaper than recoleta and palermo, less tourists, there are all buses lines, the subte line D, you are really close to the chinese barrio :D what else could we ask for hahaha :p. Go with belgrano, you won't be disappointed.

We lived there for a year and miss it terribly...now in palermo and find ourselves up there for things that we cant find aroud here easily as in belgrano...noise??? what was that person talking about? we lived 1 block from cabildo.

Back