Best "American style" Thanksgiving in Argentina?

Jerry Nelson

Registered
  • Casa Isla, a restaurant in Buenos Aires, is offering a special Thanksgiving-themed menu for Americans and Argentines.
  • The menu includes traditional Thanksgiving dishes such as oven-cooked turkey, glazed ham, and barbecued ribs, as well as sides like smashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, brussels sprouts, and cornbread.
  • Dessert options include apple, pecan, and pumpkin pie, as well as cheesecake.
  • Kansas Grill & Bar also has a Thanksgiving menu with stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and pecan pie.
  • The St. Regis restaurant is hosting a Thanksgiving Food Festival to celebrate U.S.-Argentine relations, but it requires a reservation and is more expensive.

I opened my wallet to go to the St. Regis thing, because I didnt know about the other options. I regret nothing. It was the chef from the US Embassy; very interesting gourmet interpretations of the classics. Some strange substitutions of blueberries where cranberries would have made more sense; which indicates to me fresh cranberries cannot be had for any price. Has anyone ever seen a cranberry here?

I opened my wallet to go to the St. Regis thing, because I didnt know about the other options. I regret nothing. It was the chef from the US Embassy; very interesting gourmet interpretations of the classics. Some strange substitutions of blueberries where cranberries would have made more sense; which indicates to me fresh cranberries cannot be had for any price. Has anyone ever seen a cranberry here?
You can't actually distinguish between the two berries by name in Spanish, as far as I know (arándanos). Maybe the substitution of blueberries for cranberries was due to this? Though due to cranberries' acidity and tooth-enamel erosion capacity, I wonder what recipes would include them? Other than as diluted juice, and sauce.

Back