Best country to move to when life in Argentina becomes intolerable

I think a lot of people would disagree with you about how healthy their economy is. The U.S. with all its problems still offers retirees a pension that they can spend in developing nations. As for actual productive activity I took a job driving temporarily last year picking up small loads of freight from factories and delivering them around the country. Just one of thousands doing similar. If you could see how many tractor-trailers are on the road at 2 a.m. you'd realize pretty quickly there's a lot of productive economic activity going on.

I took an accelerated pension so that I could retire at 55. Had some health issues. At 67 it drops to almost nothing so will have to mostly rely on Social Security. I'm willing to consider every option available to me. Visited 14 countries, liked Argentina the most. I'm 100% for them getting their act together to give their kids a future. But I'm not going to go anywhere where I'd be as strapped as I will be in the States. That's not bottom feeding, that's common sense.
the us offers retirees a pension because they can print dollars that people still take for things of value. your kids will never have that opportunity. i left because there was no opportunity in the US, and the US still had the gall to make laws that told me who I could do business with and where I could bank despite not having set foot there in 10 years. In the end, I had to secure alternative citizenship and renounce US citizenship in order to be free of Uncle Sam. I've done well for myself since leaving the US, but the US never once offered me the opportunity to live a dignified life, much less conceive of being able to retire one day. So, great for those that want their Social Security to go further, but some of us don't have that to fall back on and never will, so the idea of a country like Argentina opening up and giving us even half the opportunity our parents had is extremely appealing. That opportunity doesn't exist in the US anymore.

the us offers retirees a pension because they can print dollars that people still take for things of value. your kids will never have that opportunity. i left because there was no opportunity in the US, and the US still had the gall to make laws that told me who I could do business with and where I could bank despite not having set foot there in 10 years. In the end, I had to secure alternative citizenship and renounce US citizenship in order to be free of Uncle Sam. I've done well for myself since leaving the US, but the US never once offered me the opportunity to live a dignified life, much less conceive of being able to retire one day. So, great for those that want their Social Security to go further, but some of us don't have that to fall back on and never will, so the idea of a country like Argentina opening up and giving us even half the opportunity our parents had is extremely appealing. That opportunity doesn't exist in the US anymore.
No doubt there's less opportunity than before but half the country still does well. Well enough that millions have poured into the country seeking a better life. I've been in enough developing countries to appreciate the U.S. a lot more. Saying there's no opportunity here anymore makes me think you bought into extreme rhetoric years ago and altered your future because of it. Hope it works out for you. But attacking expats as bottom feeders makes me think you've got an axe to grind and are taking it out on those who didn't make the same choices you did.

I am reading that prices in BA/Ar have now risen to the extent that they are on a par with USA, and it is no longer cheap to live there. I that true? What are the prospects for future inflation? Milei was supposed to make things better but it looks like at least in the short term he has made things worse.
I was thinking of retiring in Argentina, but now having second thoughts. Maybe Paraguay is a better bet? Paraguay has a more favorable tax regime.

I've spent some time in Paraguay. You can't compare Asuncion to Buenos Aires.

The equivalent to Asuncion is like Corrientes or Rosario.

Back