Best Croissants in Buenos Aires

PhilipDT

Registered
Any recommendations for real Parisian croissants? Big, fluffy and buttery please!

L'epi has pretty good ones.

Roseti 1769
montevideo 1567

Sounds amazing but unfortunately it is in Chacarita :(. The lost asian also mentions L'épi in recoleta. Heading there now, will post a review

L`èpi has two stores. IN Chacarita close to the subte station and the one in Recoleta. i guess, the one in Recoleta has some spaces for sitting as well. I found them to be very very small, quite tiny, there and wasn't that impressed, but a friend of mine would kill for their almond croissants - have not tried them yet, as they were sold out the time I entered the store. Would rather expect them to have the size of a medialuna as well... Nothing to really travel for, to be honest.

I'epi is the only place I've ever found them. They're tiny though (like everything, they have to be reduced to factura size to appease the argentine palette). I love their pan au chocolate...but have to scoff down at least three to equal a normal size one.

PhilipDT said:
Any recommendations for real Parisian croissants? Big, fluffy and buttery please!

See my previous post on Franc's bakery beside parque centennario in Caballito. He's a real French pastry chef. The croissants and pain au chocolat are pure Paris...not huge though so buy a dozen at least!

The best ones, in my opinion (and I've lived in Paris) are at La Boutique de Jean Paul Bondoux, which is part of the Alvear Palace Hotel. They are regular sized, not tiny, and not exorbitantly priced. They also have a good variety of breads and French pastries. Their Opéra - which you usually have to ask for - is sublime. The people who work there really take care of you as well - I love those guys so much!

Their macarons are good - likely the best in BA - but not quite up to Parisian standards.

La Boutique de Jean Paul Bondoux, Ayacucho 2027 (part of the Alvear Palace Hotel)

Back