best options for employment? 2012 move

smitch070

Registered
I am looking into training for something In the US that would offer the greatest opportunity for employment in Buenos Aires.
i am looking for stable income to live for 2-3 yrs. Which one ?:confused:

nurse-lpn or RN
pharmacy tech
dental hygiene
welder -wielding
social worker - this would a masters level.

Spanish would be most useful. You will need to make sure that any of your training will be recognized in Argentina.

mini said:
Spanish would be most useful. You will need to make sure that any of your training will be recognized in Argentina.

You won't stand a chance here w/out it..!!

W/ Spanish you might be looking at a salary of $500 -$800 usd per month if you are lucky for entry level skilled jobs..!!! Some food for thought.!

None of the careers on your list are paid squat, nor will your credentials be honored. Your best shot is computer programmer. Keep in mind that in Argentina, garbage men earn more than medical doctors. Good luck.

Pick a skill that you can sell on an international market.

Working locally for local clients isn't going to earn you much money, your qualifications won't be recognised and you'll most likely struggle to find employment competing against local candidates, and thats if you can get residency papers together.

Any professional services (IT, programming, marketing, advertising, design, consulting, finance etc) that you can do in BA for international clients paying dollars or euros will probably be better bets. Your experience of foreign markets and clients will be more valuable, and your qualifications are more likely to be respected.

Its generally a tough job market, if you're looking to enter it make sure you have a skill thats considered valuable, and has the potential to make both you and your employer money.

Suerte

ghost said:
None of the careers on your list are paid squat, nor will your credentials be honored. Your best shot is computer programmer. Keep in mind that in Argentina, garbage men earn more than medical doctors. Good luck.

This is so true, not to mention all the money that garbage men collect from businesses. Only good training I know for this type of job in the US might be joining the New York mafia.

thanks you guys for replying. i guess i thought nursing would be a sure thing for employment.

so i have been looking around the forum for awhile and i know i need a job before i leave. I do some part time jobs on the internet for extra money- medical coding, and call center from home. Do you think i could do this from home in Buenos Aires. Is the internet reliable enoough? I only do it part time but if i moved it would be living off this doing it full-time.

do alot of Americans do online work to make living in Argentina?

Back