best OYSTER experience in BA?!

NOLAchef

Registered
HI!

I was curious as to who has had oysters here in BA. Where? How were they? Or have you had them in other parts in Argentina?! Have you prepared them yourself? I've only seen the GIANT ones in barrio chino, that are super pricey...

Hola Nolachef! try to write you a private message but couldn't , just wondering if you are a real chef or 'hobby' chef as i am looking for real chefs in BSAs if you are or just a great hobbychef of course! please send me a PM if you want... about the oysters, will ask for you, i only saw them in B.Chino aswell and they are enormous! not the ones i prefer.....

both! i'm putting together menus for 'cook & jazz', which will be a New Orleans inspired dinner-cooking demonstration-live jazz event and I need four different Creole menus. I'd love to incorporate some classic oyster dishes, but am unfamiliar with the product here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a professional, working as a private chef here in BA for almost 2 years and just opened up my puerta cerrada, NOLA. Not sure why you couldn't write me, I've received many messages through this site! Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if it's easier.

Thanks for all the oyster help, amigos!

In Palermo, Crizia has an oyster bar and nice small crunchy (if you know what I mean) oysters. I also like Damblee in Almagro, which also has fantastic home made boquerones, chiperones en su tinta, and a real pata negra (5 jotas). As I think you are a friend of my good friend Tez I would be delighted to invite you for some oysters and a nice glass of chardonnay in Crizia some lunchtime. Haven't been for ages! It's on Gorriti between Uriarte and Thames.

Reactions: tez
Hola Mano Negra!!

YES, I loooove Tez! She is/was one of my favorite people in BA!!

I'd be honored to accompany you to Crizia, talk about our love for oysters, wine and our good friend. I'm very close to the location. Maybe we can set up something for next week?! I'm a bit crazed the next few days and my weekends I'm stuck in the kitchen...!

Reactions: tez
Back