Best parrillas / steakhouses

Rich One

Registered
I've only been here for a month and the local money has diminished from 60ARS=1USD to 75ARS=1USD. That is freakin NUTS! Went to have a nice celebratory dinner at the 5 star Alvear Hotel the other day and the whole steak dinner for 2 was less than $50 bucks! My friends abroad were flippin out when I told them about it.

Alvear Prices seems quite fair.. At Don Julio Parrilla a plain bife de Chorizo no side dish/garnish is $1000 pesos so you can easily reach $3700 pesos in no time, if you ad desserts, wine, fries..!

For local beef connoisseurs: Parrilla Peña, located at Rodriguez Peña 682 in Recoleta. It's a traditional bodegon where substance primes over a chic atmosphere. The "early" seating, before the dinner rush by the local patrons, starts around 7:30pm. And the prices are just right!

For local beef connoisseurs: Parrilla Peña, located at Rodriguez Peña 682 in Recoleta. It's a traditional bodegon where substance primes over a chic atmosphere. The "early" seating, before the dinner rush by the local patrons, starts around 7:30pm. And the prices are just right!
Peña is not a good option. No at all. It is a couple of blocks from my office. I know it very well. And it is not at Recoleta, it is San Nicolás, the Court District.

Peña is not a good option. No at all. It is a couple of blocks from my office. I know it very well. And it is not at Recoleta, it is San Nicolás, the Court District.
Thank you for your opinion and the clarification on the location. The place has been around for many years and has a steady clientele. I like their skirt steak plate. My local friends prefer their full parrilla menu. There is no accounting for taste!

Thank you for your opinion and the clarification on the location. The place has been around for many years and has a steady clientele. I like their skirt steak plate. My local friends prefer their full parrilla menu. There is no accounting for taste!

Of course, taste is important. I follow great food anywhere. But when having a special dinner with a woman, it's an absolute requirement to also have good atmosphere as well, or else you get in trouble. You ladies know it. LOL. It's hard to be a gentleman... sigh. (kiddin)

Alvear Prices seems quite fair.. At Don Julio Parrilla a plain bife de Chorizo no side dish/garnish is $1000 pesos so you can easily reach $3700 pesos in no time, if you ad desserts, wine, fries..!

Is Don Julio Parrilla considered THE steakhouse to go to?

Is Don Julio Parrilla considered THE steakhouse to go to?

Don Julio is a place to go , need reservations . Can also try la Cabrera, La Carniceria, La Brigada.

Check the Argentine Steak Guide Dated 2010?, updated 2016, still today the named Steakhouses remain at the Top of the List

Never had a bad steak at Kansas Resto ..!

LA CABRERA SECRET: every night from 6:30pm – 8pm they offer a “Happy Hour” menu where everything is 40% off. YES, EVERYTHING.

1577462522913.png

You can go to a cheaper Bodegon but the meat quality is not the Same and The steak is not 500 grs. So you saved $15 bucks per person...But you missed a unique experience.
Best deal go la Cabrera "early bird" seating 6.30 pm and split a large bife the Chorizo. ..So the $1000 peso steak becomes 1000x 0.6x.0.5 . equals $300 pesos..! can't beat that...!

You can go to a cheaper Bodegon but the meat quality is not the Same and The steak is not 500 grs. So you saved $15 bucks per person...But you missed a unique experience.
Best deal go la Cabrera "early bird" seating 6.30 pm and split a large bife the Chorizo. ..So the $1000 peso steak becomes 1000x 0.6x.0.5 . equals $300 pesos..! can't beat that...!

SWEET!!! Gonna check out Cabrera this weekend. A drink's on me if we ever meet up!

In my opinion:

Don Julio is expensive and the best. However I've never had a steak at the Alvear.
Parrilla Peña is good, not great.
I was not impressed with La Cabrera. Too many side dishes hiding mediocre steaks.
La Brigada was great until the steak arrived. It was pink (I ordered rare) and dry.
Carneseria is great if they give you a good cut. Doesn't always happen.
Another excellent steak house is Pablo Luis in Barrio Chino.

T/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Food and Drink 10
pauper Expat Life 0
Back