Best parrillas / steakhouses

Prime rib is Bife Ancho. You can get any butcher to cut it for you.
Its not a traditional parilla cut, but you can easily cook it yourself.
Does it come with the bone ?, wouldn't attempt to cook it at home . Must use Coal or wood.

I used to go to Lawry's Prime Rib, on La Cienega, in Beverly Hills, pretty often when I lived nearby.
It has been pretty much the benchmark of Prime Rib since 1938.

They bake it- they dont use coal, or wood.
Real Prime rib is not a parilla choice, because cooking over carbone (which isnt exactly "coal") or wood embers is not the best way to cook it.
Lawrys has been roasting it in an oven, at 175 C, for 20 minutes per pound, for 80 plus years.

what's yr favorite meat restaurant here, Ries.
I like my meat WITH sides.
I like a lot of places- I still would take first time visitors to La Cabrera,
I like the old school charm without pretension of La Choza,
I like the dated historic feeling of Parilla Pena,
I like the modern take with really good meat at Corte Comedor,
I like the 1 kilo bife that isnt on the menu at Proper (with a half dozen other sides- things like calamar, carpaccio, berenjena, and their parilla roasted tomatos with crispy onions on top)
I like La Carniceria- we get two bifes for 4 people, along with the amazing chori with fried egg and peas, the tomato salad, the baked potato, the parilla roasted repollo, the gourmet provoleta.
I like the cheezy neighborhood parillas, too- where the meat is not the best, but its still great, and the ambiance is a world away from the tourist hotel- Doble A, near Cordoba and Estado de Israel, for example, or a no name hole in the wall on Carlos Calvo just off Defensa.
I like asado, dont get me wrong.
I just like a lot of variations on it.

The miga de bife at Nino Gordo is pretty killer too- He takes a great bife, cuts it into thin strips, and builds a doble miga, a bit japanese in influence, with it.

I recently had a really good bife at Julia, the new restaurant from one of the former chefs at Aramburu. He only has one bife on the menu, the rest is really good things like the best ceviche I have had here, bunelos de papas y merluza, vegetarian carpaccio- everything there is just incredible.

And the organic vegetarian parilla Sampa, on Scalabrini Ortiz, is really really good. It doesnt try to replace meat- it is all amazing dishes that are cooked on the parilla, and just happen not to be meat. All argentines eating there- and loving it.

I used to go to Lawry's Prime Rib, on La Cienega, in Beverly Hills, pretty often when I lived nearby.
It has been pretty much the benchmark of Prime Rib since 1938.

They bake it- they dont use coal, or wood.
Real Prime rib is not a parilla choice, because cooking over carbone (which isnt exactly "coal") or wood embers is not the best way to cook it.
Lawrys has been roasting it in an oven, at 175 C, for 20 minutes per pound, for 80 plus years.

I was an habitue of Lawry's in B.H. True the rib was oven baked... The place was huge and somehow hard to get a table. My last Prime Rib was kind of cold. At the B.H. Hotel in the Crystal Room resto one could order the End Cut Well Roasted on one side red inside, in the rolling cart.

I like my meat WITH sides.
I like a lot of places- I still would take first time visitors to La Cabrera,
I like the old school charm without pretension of La Choza,
I like the dated historic feeling of Parilla Pena,
I like the modern take with really good meat at Corte Comedor,
I like the 1 kilo bife that isn't on the menu at Proper (with a half dozen other sides- things like calamar, carpaccio, berenjena, and their parilla roasted tomatoes with crispy onions on top)
I like La Carniceria- we get two bifes for 4 people, along with the amazing chori with fried egg and peas, the tomato salad, the baked potato, the parilla roasted repollo, the gourmet provoleta.
I like the cheezy neighborhood parrillas, too- where the meat is not the best, but its still great, and the ambiance is a world away from the tourist hotel- Doble A, near Cordoba and Estado de Israel, for example, or a no name hole in the wall on Carlos Calvo just off Defensa.
I like asado, don't get me wrong.
I just like a lot of variations on it.

The miga de bife at Nino Gordo is pretty killer too- He takes a great bife, cuts it into thin strips, and builds a doble miga, a bit japanese in influence, with it.

I recently had a really good bife at Julia, the new restaurant from one of the former chefs at Aramburu. He only has one bife on the menu, the rest is really good things like the best ceviche I have had here, buñuelos de papas y merluza, vegetarian carpaccio- everything there is just incredible.

And the organic vegetarian parilla Sampa, on Scalabrini Ortiz, is really really good. It doesn't try to replace meat- it is all amazing dishes that are cooked on the parilla, and just happen not to be meat. All argentines eating there- and loving it.

I will save this posting as the Official Guide of Parrillas in Bs.As.

I will save this posting as the Official Guide of Parrillas in Bs.As.
not official. just one mans opinion.
Remember, everyone is capable of generating multiple opinions hourly.
as they say- your mileage may vary.

La Coqueta de Recoleta was a famous Milonga owned by Alicia Karr , an American lady.! was closed in 2013 ? Wasn't a Parrilla though
For those that ever went there a souvenir. Check the fancy Tango shoes

View attachment 6632

muy linda! But yes not the same place - the steakhouse I know doesn’t encourage dancing (I don’t think!) :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Food and Drink 10
pauper Expat Life 0
Back