Best part of city to live with a family?

Bostonfam

Registered
Hello,
My husband has the opportunity to move to BA for his job and I'm just wondering what parts of the city are the safest and most family-friendly (we have a 3-yr old and a 1-yr old). What would be a typical month's rent for a 2 or 3-bedroom apartment in these areas?

Thanks!

I would strongly reccomend CABALLITO on or near Parque Rivadavia. It is a very nice upscale place, full of life even on weekends, with a rapid subway connection to downtown (20 min top). Sure is not on the expat area, but you could be better introduced to our life style there.
The park is very nice, with a children playfield, I think.
Regarding prices, go see a local realtor, it may be even cheaper than Palermo , Recoleta, etc.
Good luck

I second that. Spent most of my life at Recoleta and I realy like living in Caballito. Right type of quiet and peaceful.
Kids live at Almagro and I worry sometimes.

Caballito is one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city. But if money isn't that much of an issue, the safest, greenest, quietest neighborhood is definitely puerto madero.

Our kids are exactly the same age. We live in Chacarita, close to a park, restaurant and a lot of transportation. We love it. It is still cheaper than other trendy areas. Caballito is also nice with kids but all depends on the kind of activities you will be doing and your budget. Belgrano is also a nice area if you are close to the massive park.

Obviosuly you requested in the city , and this forum is "city centric" . But I would consider the Northern Suburbs". There is there issue of commute. However , it is quiet , close to shopping , movies , and lots of things to do with the kids. Tree lined streets , very good schools , did I mention much less expensive than the city. Whole house rentals with yards and pools. Just passing it along.....

We lived in Belgrano "R" which was perfect for us. It's a mellow neighborhood with great parks, direct train access to the center and is an easy distance to escape to the northern suburbs. If your kids are going to be in any kind of preschool, there are a ton of excellent options within walking distance. Only challenge for us was finding an apartment to rent...people don't seem to ever move from there!

My advice if you have a family, buy a car (if you are going to be here a while) and live outside of Capital Federal.

trennod said:
My advice if you have a family, buy a car (if you are going to be here a while) and live outside of Capital Federal.

we rented a car when we just moved... it was such a bad idea. commuting by car to BA is a mess (even without piquetes), people drive very badly, parking is very expensive and leaving the car in the street -if you can find a place- is an invitation for it to be robbed.
if one day we decide to buy a car it would be to go outside the city during the weekends.

Back