Best Place In Argentina For Self Preservation

Logical thinking is not your strength; you should continue to try again and maybe sometime one of your posts will make sense. I believe in you!

Im still waiting on thorstens history of prostitution and telos in Argentina. Do share.

Logical thinking is not your strength; you should continue to try again and maybe sometime one of your posts will make sense. I believe in you!

I would never call driving in Buenos Aires "fun." I've only done it once, and I prefer not to repeat the experience. Usually I leave my car at my brother-in-law's house in Olavarría and take the bus to town. Of course, being a pedestrian in Buenos Aires isn't necessarily fun, either.

Ajo, do you own a car in Bs As?

Ajo, do you own a car in Bs As?

I own a car in Chile, since the Chileans don't care whether a non-resident takes a car out of the country. Ridiculously, the Argentines would consider it a vehículo nacional that a non-resident could not take beyond the border (though, even more ridiculously, that non-resident could sign a poder to permit someone else to do so).

I own a car in Chile, since the Chileans don't care whether a non-resident takes a car out of the country. Ridiculously, the Argentines would consider it a vehículo nacional that a non-resident could not take beyond the border (though, even more ridiculously, that non-resident could sign a poder to permit someone else to do so).
But a gringo person can buy a vehicle in Chile then able to enter the Argie, go anywhere travelling and leave Argie in own car right?

So im guessing your thorstens girlfriend or sitter?

edoeDiM.gif

But a gringo person can buy a vehicle in Chile then able to enter the Argie, go anywhere travelling and leave Argie in own car right?

You need to acquire a Chilean tax ID before buying a car, but that takes only a few minutes. It's better to enter Argentina with the official padrón (tarjeta verde to Argentines), which takes a little while to arrive, but you can do so with the bill of sale. As I understand it, though, an Argentine citizen or resident cannot take a Chilean vehicle into Argentina. In fact, an Argentine citizen cannot even drive that foreign vehicle, so when my wife and I travel together on the Argentine side I have to do all the driving.

I've covered this topic in more detail at http://tinyurl.com/pbnjoa2

You need to acquire a Chilean tax ID before buying a car, but that takes only a few minutes. It's better to enter Argentina with the official padrón (tarjeta verde to Argentines), which takes a little while to arrive, but you can do so with the bill of sale. As I understand it, though, an Argentine citizen or resident cannot take a Chilean vehicle into Argentina. In fact, an Argentine citizen cannot even drive that foreign vehicle, so when my wife and I travel together on the Argentine side I have to do all the driving.

I've covered this topic in more detail at http://tinyurl.com/pbnjoa2

... there are a few things to keep in mind when buying a Chilean car to drive in Argentina:

- You have to return to Chile at least every 6 months (even in winter when the pass might be often closed)
- While it seems easier to take the car across smaller border crossings - you will most likely have issues taking it across Los Libertadores (Santiago or Valparaiso - Mendoza)
- Depending on the make and model it will be very difficult to get parts
- They are more likely to break into your car
- People will randomly yell at you because they think you are from Chile

So if you travel a few months in Argentina and go back to Chile - then this might be an option. When you live here then I would not recommend it.

Back