Best place to buy a bed?

cafeamericano

Registered
Hey guys,
Any recommendations on the best store to buy a bed in Capital (Quality, Price, Reliability of Delivery)?

I bought mine last year at Piero. They had a 30% off sale so I felt good about the price. I bought medium quality. I think anyone who has slept on a Piero would agree that the quality is good in their medium to upper range beds. And they delivered mind exactly when they said they would and even worked with me on which day.

Walmart has a special sale on beds and mattresses 20 % off

Try MercadoLibre - great deals in beds, mattresses, and everything else under the sun. Plus, sellers are deadly afraid of a negative rating, and will do their best to make the customer happy.

Try MercadoLibre - great deals in beds, mattresses, and everything else under the sun.

Great suggestion! At least it's a great way to compare prices on beds you might see in various showrooms.

I bought an extra firm queen size Piero innerspring mattress (non-pillow top) at their outlet store in 2006 and later bought a used two piece La Cardeuse sommier (boxspring) on Mercado Libre for much less than it would have cost new.

The mattress is still as firm as when I bought it, but I hardly used it until I moved to the country in 2010.

Having slept on a high quality foam mattress for a month in San Francisco (exactly ten years ago) I suggest you check them out. especially if you are near a cell phone tower (who isn't in the city?).

If you buy an innerspring mattress I suggest you consider turning off your router (if you have one) at night. When I lived in the city I almost always slept on my futon, so it wasn't an issue.

Great suggestion! At least it's a great way to compare prices on beds you might see in various showrooms.

I bought an extra firm queen size Piero innerspring mattress (non-pillow top) at their outlet store in 2006 and later bought a used two piece La Cardeuse sommier (boxspring) on Mercado Libre for much less than it would have cost new.

The mattress is still as firm as when I bought it, but I hardly used it until I moved to the country in 2010.

Having slept on a high quality foam mattress for a month in San Francisco (exactly ten years ago) I suggest you check them out. especially if you are near a cell phone tower (who isn't in the city?).

If you buy an innerspring mattress I suggest you consider turning off your router (if you have one) at night. When I lived in the city I almost always slept on my futon, so it wasn't an issue.
Why would you turn off your router at night ?

Why would you turn off your router at night ?

To reduce the exposure to electromagnetic radiation.

https://www.shieldyourbody.com/2017/02/turn-off-your-wifi-router-at-night/

There are also some who believe that metal innerspring mattresses create harmful electromagnetic fields and that they might be amplified by a router in the same room/home.

Here is one blog post on the subject:

http://blessedearth.blogspot.com.ar/2011/05/lets-stop-innersprings.html

I recently began plugging the ethernet cable directly into my laptop instead of using the router during the day as my laptop is always in my kitchen (and the router is on the same table). Since I got rid of DirecTV in February I only use the router to send the wireless signal to my TV which is in my bedroom, but I usually turn everything off before going to sleep

Last edited:
On the advice of an orthopedist friend we once invested in a latex foam mattress. It was expensive, but after 31 years of use and four moves, it is still going strong.

Back