Best places to celebrate New Years?

BrianG

Registered
Would love the expertise of folks who've been here before -- what are the best places to celebrate New Year's? I've heard it can be quiet here. We'd love to find a restaurant with a good price fix menu or a club that has a fun scene. Also, if there is any outdoor setting that has a large gathering, etc.

We have mid-20's family coming to town and want to show them a good time. What would you recommend?

BrianG said:
Would love the expertise of folks who've been here before -- what are the best places to celebrate New Year's? I've heard it can be quiet here. We'd love to find a restaurant with a good price fix menu or a club that has a fun scene. Also, if there is any outdoor setting that has a large gathering, etc.

A lot of the restaurants here in Puerto Madero have fixed menus for New Years. But it might be difficult to get something this late, so you'll have to call. The menus usually include a glass or bottle of Champagne, which everyone takes outside just before midnight to celebrate.

Even if you don't do the restaurant thing, many people come here to celebrate. At midnight a lot of the restaurants do fireworks all around the docks and there's music and drinking on the woman's bridge and all around the docks. It can get really crowded and it's fun. Definitely not quiet here.

Our friends just booked something in PM today for 6 of us, so there is some availability.
Nancy

Sorry to be persnickety, but the menus definitely do not include a glass or bottle of Champagne, which in BAires generally goes for no less than 600 pesos or so per bottle, when found. (Much more, I have found.)

Argentine sparkling wine, however, is a different story.

Well, I wasn't referring to real Champagne, but the stuff they have here and that everyone knows by the same name :) ... Although I think for the right price at the Faena, and select restaurants here in PM you can get the real thing, as an extra, of course.

I'm not sure how authentic an experience you're looking for but a rather jet-set (& fun) NYE would be at The Oasis Clubhouse. It's just under 200 USD but would probably be many a 20-something's idea of a highly memorable start to 2012/ earn you favourite relative status. If I were traveling/ in BA, I'd probably go for it but a) I wont be back yet b) not sure many of my friends would splurge. Ah NYE... the holiday I hate to love but I just do!

Ring in the New Year in style at our exclusive New Year’s Eve bash!

Join us poolside for a 6-hour open bar, full menu of Argentine asado passed cocktail style, Champagne toast at midnight followed by desserts, beats by international DJ Whitney Weiss and surprise entertainment.

RSVP: [email protected]

I've heard about the Oasis party as well - open bar and asado. From the pictures online it looks like a really cool space with an outdoor area and pool. And it's in Palermo, which feels more authentic to me than PM..

adro.gross said:
I've heard about the Oasis party as well - open bar and asado. From the pictures online it looks like a really cool space with an outdoor area and pool. And it's in Palermo, which feels more authentic to me than PM..

I have to agree. When I think authentic, I think Palermo and a private club house party full of hipster expats sipping malbec and cocktails. :)

j/k

Back