Best Saddlery In Ba? (Talabarteria)

Gamboge

Registered
Greetings folks,

I'm looking for a good saddlery (talabarteria) in Capital Federal. I know of the one on Libertador,
"Caballos Argentinos" which is good, and "Eduardo Sport". Any other suhggestions? I want to buy a bridle.
Gracias.

G

In Mataderos (Av Corrales and Av Lisandro de la Torre) there are two shops with very reasonable prices (not gringo prices as in Recoleta).
That is the location of Feria de Mataderos on weekends.
Buses 63, 180, 155, 126, 80, etc

The Recoleta prices are NOT gringo prices- tourists from the USA are not buying those $5000 USD saddles- those are wealthy argentine prices.
I think places like Arandu, which has expensive stores in Recoleta, is tailored very much towards the local money.
After all, their mobile truck, which is a pop-up store pulled by a semi-tractor, does NOT drive to Houston- it goes more often to places like San Antonio De Areco.
http://www.arandu.co...es.php?idioma=1
Every time I fly to and from the US, I see wealthy argentines wearing those funny quilted car coats with the leather elbow patches on the airplane- never have I seen a gringo wearing one.

that said, of course its going to be cheaper in Mataderos.

theres one in Paraguay and Pueyrredon. At least it used to be there two years ago...

I know nothing about what makes a good saddle. I do know that there is a place that sells them near my house. The place is called la Martina I think, it's on Arrebenos and Roosevetlook and the saddles look pretty at the very least

Oh I have a couple of saddles for sale (western) bery cheep my fren

Spent 2 weeks on horseback in Patagonia. We didn't use saddles. We used what we call in the States a "bareback" saddle. It was two blankets folded, one on top of the other with a sheepskin top, the stirrups strapped around them to keep them in place. The blankets were used as a sleeping pad at night.

jan27032_zpsd38f5e34.jpg

What type of bridle? I know a saddlemaker who makes all our saddles and bridles, breastplates, girths, etc (jumpers so english) but no store, he will bring some samples to your house and you can buy them straight from him. If you are looking for that, just let me know and I'll PM you his name/number.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Expat Life 6
Back