Best Salads In B A....!!

Rich One

Registered
Someone could mention the best place for salads as in Greek Salad, Chef Choped Salad, Cesar, Cob Salad. Need a Salad Bad..!!

principal-home1.jpg

ensalada-brie.jpg

chefs-salad-ay-x-l.jpg

cobb.jpg

At my house. I love salad and make them all the time. If we're talking restaurants I had an excellent salad the other day at the Hernan Gipponi (sp?) restaurant in palermo as part of a tasting menu.

Also I think I may have posted this here before but if you want to make a good caeser, its actually easier than you might think.
I absolutely love Caesar Salad, I eat it probably 2x a week. I thought I'd take the time to type up my recipe for you guys. I make this all on the "eyeball" method so the measurements are all approximations and are probably a little off.

Dressing:

Boil Water. Once boiling, place egg in boiling water for 45-60sec, DO NOT over cook. Remove from water and set aside.

In a mortar put:

Small spoonful of whole black pepper corn (pimienta negra)
4-5 Anchovies (anchoas)
2 Cloves of garlic.(ajo)
1 walnut w/o shell (nuez sin cascara)

Crush with pestle until you get a paste.

Add and stir into the paste:

Juice from 1/2 a juicy lemon (or 3/4 of a lean one)
Half a heaping spoon full of Grey Poupon Dijon style mustard.

Integrate into the mixture:

~1/3 Cup of Extra virgin olive oil. (Note: All oil is not created equal.)

Add egg and stir until it begins to emulsify, don't over do it.

For the Croutons:
Mince 2 cloves of garlic and a ~1Tbl of fresh rosmary

Cut half a normal sized baguette into small cubes, put the cubes in a bowl and toss with the garlic and rosemary and season with salt and pepper.

Add about 3/4 of an inch of olive oil to a wok. Allow to get very hot (350+ F)

Toss in the bread and turn constantly with a spatula. After a few minutes lower to medium heat and continue turning until all are crispy on the outside.

For the Salad:

Wash 1-1.5 heads of romaine lettuce (lechuga criolla).

Tear in to bite size pieces and add grated grating cheese of your choice ( I like romanito cascara negra).

Toss the salad to mix cheese well with lettuce.

Spoon in dressing as you toss the salad, it will toss much better than if you just dump it all on.

To finish add the crutons and toss again.

Delicious Cafe (really, thats the name) on Laprida y Pacheco de Melo.
They dont have exactly the salads you named- they make what THEY want- but today I had an amazing palta y mango salad, with lots of really good greens.
http://www.deliciouscafe.com.ar/

run by real chef's, its another world from white iceberg lettuce, unripe tomato, and grated tasteless carrot.

Delicious Cafe (really, thats the name) on Laprida y Pacheco de Melo.
They dont have exactly the salads you named- they make what THEY want- but today I had an amazing palta y mango salad, with lots of really good greens.
http://www.deliciouscafe.com.ar/

run by real chef's, its another world from white iceberg lettuce, unripe tomato, and grated tasteless carrot.
I second that, I go there occasionally.

Fantastic chicken sandwich.
The owner has beuna onda too

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

2 years ago i started a salad business here, because I'm a salad fanatic and i found ingredients and dressing lacking here.
i was making caesar salads with home made dressing and croutons, and different salads using ingredients like quinoa and a variety of seeds, and of course avocados! homemade yogurt dressing as well!
it was a success selling them to kiosks and then they would resell them for double the price, but i stopped because all the work and heart i put in wasn't worth the the 12 pesos they would buy each salad for (yes it was 2 years ago but still...the salad was made with such goodness and it was just such little money, going to deliver them as well)
but ya, i think the best thing is buying all the ingredients and making it home! although i wish feta cheese and goat cheese weren't so expensive here! yummmmmm![/background]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mariano-BCN Food and Drink 98
Back