Best source for week's events?

jojo123

Registered
What is it? Is it the daily "espectaculos" section of Nacion or Clarin? Kind of a hassle to look every day...isn't there like a weekly rag or online thing with all the events, like TimeOut in NY?

I have been here for almost a year, and FINALLY, there is a site that gives you so much to do, in so many venues, that you will be juggeling to try and do it ALL. (I like doing it ALL!)

My Buenos Aires Travel Guide, <www.batravelguide.com> DOESN'T TRY AND SELL YOU ANYTHING, just great information, on everything from Polo to Pravda,
in English, with complete information. The site works, even if it didn't "turn blue".

jojo123 said:
What is it? Is it the daily "espectaculos" section of Nacion or Clarin? Kind of a hassle to look every day...isn't there like a weekly rag or online thing with all the events, like TimeOut in NY?

The Secretary of Culture of the Nacion sponsors free concerts by its dance/music/theater organizations.
www.cultura.gov.ar and go to the agendas for each organization.

The City sponsors free concerts as well. www.buenosaires.gov.ar
Within these two sites you will find enough programs to keep your concert agenda full. Banda Sinfonica de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires performs two concerts every week. There are concerts every Saturday at La Facultad de Derecho in Recoleta and in Salon Dorado of the Casa de la Cultura.

The National Library posts its free agenda at www.bn.gov.ar where the Orquesta Escuela del Tango Emilio Balcarce has a monthly concert. The next one is September 26.

Bookmark the sites and check them weekly. It couldn't be simpler to let your fingers do the walking.

We do a weekly agenda mailing list for parties every night except monday if you mail [email protected] .
Otherwise there is a good magasine called Wicked Mag that does an agenda for more of the underground music scene, exhibitions etc.

jojo123 said:

Unfortunately, Jojo, there's not such thing here. Even the Clarin and La Nación listings are fairly sparse, mostly containing stuff advertised in their pages. The sites proposed in this thread help a bit, but I've occasionally found even the best sites posting listings only a couple days after the event.

I just looked at ReelDee's site and found a bunch of stuff I'm interested in that I wasn't aware of.

Bottom line is that we tend to miss out on lots of stuff that's not publicized well.

Here's a thought - doesn't some industrious expat feel like publishing a really comprehensive guide, like TimeOut. Or the listings sections of NewYork or The New Yorker?

Once you access the www.mybuenosairestravelguide site, or contact them, you will receive emails every 2 or 3 days with all kinds of events,
that is another reason I think this site is great. Saves hours of net surfing in Spanish, at least for me.

I just looked at ReelDee's site and found a bunch of stuff I'm interested in that I wasn't aware of.

Bottom line is that we tend to miss out on lots of stuff that's not publicized well.

Here's a thought - doesn't some industrious expat feel like publishing a really comprehensive guide, like TimeOut. Or the listings sections of NewYork or The New Yorker?[/quote]

jimdepalermo said:
Here's a thought - doesn't some industrious expat feel like publishing a really comprehensive guide, like TimeOut. Or the listings sections of NewYork or The New Yorker?

Or may be less industrious expat who can post events into our calendar section here :).

Back