Best stylist for curly haircut?

hepdoll

Registered
Happy Friday! So, I have curly hair and it's time to get it cut. Can anyone recommend a good stylist that really knows what s/he is doing with curly hair? Those of you who have it know that a good curly cut requires a special technique to come out looking good. :)

I've read through the stylist recommendations on this forum, but I didn't yet find any that specifically mention a stylist's specific ability to cut curly hair in a trendy way. So, any tips you can give would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

Below you will find his own bio....I have planned for ages to go and see him..but so far haven't....only reason...I am out of town and he is in downtown.

Anyway, I have heard nothing but raves about Ryan and wouldn't hesitate to go to him...

Drop him an email...he will answer all your concerns.

Best of luck!!

Hey guys this is Ryan....the Infamous Canadian Hair Stylist.
(who some love)

Since I have met so many wonderful people from this Web Group and currently maintain them as clients, I thought I would say hello and introduce my self.

I have been in Buenos Aires now for almost 2 years, and in the last year have decided to work from my studio apartment currently in Recoleta.

Going to a stylists home is very different then going to a salon. It is a very personal experience.
Coming to a salon here is different than going to a salon anywhere in North America; here it is customary that a different person washes, colors, cuts, and finishes the hair, which in most cases can be disastrous, regardless of a language barrier....

I provide individualized services. I work with you from start to finish, and my pricing reflects that.(quality and detail)

Most clients like going to a salon because of the environment, and the ability to receive multiple services at the same time. Others prefer the informal relaxed experience....i.e. Coming to someone's home.

Having worked in various salons here it is not my style; my clients prefer quality versus being a part of an assembly line.

For some it is.... Just a hair cut, others want more. I am not the stylist for everyone. After 10 years of being a stylist, I understand this.

The relationship I provide with my clients is one of genuine care and trust. For me I know it is more than just a hair cut and color. It is about bringing out who my clients are naturally versus trying to change them into a current trend. Some people love me and some..... Well lets just say they went back to the salon.

The relationship between a client and a stylist can have many levels. Sometimes I have clients who never say a word other than what they would like, and that is perfect. On the other hand, I have clients in which our rapport is more personal. I have met many clients who have become some of my dearest friends through doing hair in my home.

In Buenos Aires there is a large group of service providers who work from home who cater to the expat community. They provide care, attention and detail that we are use to back home, but have been challenged here to find it in many businesses. Everything from Salon services to corporate services, etc........
In fact it is not just here, but in most parts of the world there are many professionals who work from home.

I hope this may have clarified any questions or opinions people may have about entering into a professional relationship with someone working from their house.
I would also finally like to thank the many people on here who continuously support me through the day to day Crazy Go To Love Buenos Aires Life!
Best Wishes to Everyone!!
Ryan( That Crazy Canadian Stylist) ;)
[email protected]

Hello

I went to Terrie she is an Irish girl also very well trainned Iam very happy the way she does the cuts, she is really a stylist. Let me know if you are interested and I give you her email.
By the way she went to Ireland for Christmas but may she is back in town
all the best
Reina

Reina, I would love to get Terri's email so I can talk to her. Do you know if she has specific experience with curly hair? And EvergreenGal, I will probably drop a note to Ryan, as well! I have heard great things about him - but same question, do you know if he has curly hair experience?

Thanks everyone :) Would love to hear any more suggestions if you have them!

yes, ryan is very good with curly hair. i'm a black girl with a significant afro, which is a scary thing in the hands of the wrong stylist or "person with scissors." i met ryan by chance through some friends and aside from being a very cool person, he's a great stylist for curly hair. he understands your curl and can work with it instead of against it. i highly recommend him and have, in fact, written him asking for another appointment as i have returned to buenos aires for another few months.

I have the best stylist for curls I´ve ever had and I have lots of curls!! it is in San Isidro so it depends where you live! Just let me know if you are interested.

Maria Jose

Hi Reina, could you you let me no the Irish Hairdressers email address? Thanks soooo much, Jess

Thanks ladies, I am coming on March 8th, indefinately. i am mixed race with curly, yet fine hair. I will def be needing someone. What is is price range?

I also recommend RYAN!!!

He really knows his stuff and he´s very passionate about his work. He used to train hair stylists at Aveda, and he specializes in ¨hard-to-cut¨ hair (e.g. curls). I myself have Asian hair, which is very unforgiving!! A lot of stylists don´t know how to work with that hair type, so I was v. impressed when Ryan took a look and knew just what to do.

I had my haircut a few weeks ago, and it stills looks great :) You should contact Ryan for the price-list. I paid approx. 100 pesos, and it was worth every penny. I figure it´s an investment -- if you get a bad haircut, it pretty much means a bad hair-day every day until it finally grows out! (Talk about a way to mess with a girl´s psychology!)

Back