Best USD Conversion Rate

Thanks... try Remitly now. Xoom compliance is a painful experience.

Just sent with Remitly. I will advise when it is completed. Thanks all.

Your WU 2022 summary was so useful! Any updates to it? Is there a new promo code? In your 2022 post, you mentioned GECO. Thanks!
AS far as I know, those codes are a thing of the past. Some have spoken of getting a one-time code every now and then, but as far as blanket codes that everyone can use, those are gone with the wind, TTBOMK

I just took a look at Remitly. Their exhange rate is at 458.87 vs WU at 495.40.

Remitly's free commission is offset pretty quickly by that rate differential. WU makes more sense for all amounts over $80.

I don't get why people are recommending this.

The reason I recommend Remitly is this:

Although I've tried for perhaps 2 years, I personally am unable to complete a transaction with Western Union (U.S. bank to ARG bank). If I could, I would. And I actually had a reasonably good customer service from WU. After several months of personal, escalated levels of support, they were ultimately unable to find a solution.

Such is life...

So, if WU isn't an option --- by choice or otherwise --- I've tried to share my experience and offer others.

The reason I recommend Remitly is this:

Although I've tried for perhaps 2 years, I personally am unable to complete a transaction with Western Union (U.S. bank to ARG bank). If I could, I would. And I actually had a reasonably good customer service from WU. After several months of personal, escalated levels of support, they were ultimately unable to find a solution.

Such is life...

So, if WU isn't an option --- by choice or otherwise --- I've tried to share my experience and offer others.

Sorry to hear that Utopos.

Customer service isn't important...until it is. I've tried in the past to do bank transfers through WU w/o success. I was willing/able to adjust my arrangements to do Debit card to cash transfers.

The added cost for doing a Remitly transfer vs doing a WU Debit Card to Cash transfer on $1000 transfer is 4.55%. (on the rates as of this moment)

I'm so ridiculously tight with money that it causes me physical pain to hear that someone else is doing this.

I've used Money Gram, Xoom, and Remitly for years. Last January, I suddenly wasn't able to get any transfers completed to myself with any company, although I could send funds to family members both at my bank and others.

Money Gram's "customer support" was minimal and utterly useless. Xoom's exchange rate at that time was quite low compared to the others. Remitly was amazing. The customer service was EXCELLENT and finally solved the problem, a BIG plus for them IMHO.

In a 90-minute online chat I got a good education into how the $ transfer business works technically. Later I then actually received a phone call from them, further filling me in on what they were doing to correct the situation, which they did. Seriously, I could not have asked for better customer service and it is always readily available.

Now I consider more than simply the momentary exchange rate when I make transfers.
Hi Utopos, I recently arrived here. Is there a chance I could get a consultation from you regarding bringing in my monthly salary? I'll pay for the consultation

Back