Best USD Conversion Rate

NYCExpat

Registered
Hi, All! Seasoned Expat here still struggling with finding the best ways to send USD (from a US bank) to ARG. Been using Xoom (great conversion rate) and the compliance reviews are taking forever. Western Union is also slow. Any other suggestions?

Crypto is fastest. You may also find a cueva that accepts zelle or similar

I've used Money Gram, Xoom, and Remitly for years. Last January, I suddenly wasn't able to get any transfers completed to myself with any company, although I could send funds to family members both at my bank and others.

Money Gram's "customer support" was minimal and utterly useless. Xoom's exchange rate at that time was quite low compared to the others. Remitly was amazing. The customer service was EXCELLENT and finally solved the problem, a BIG plus for them IMHO.

In a 90-minute online chat I got a good education into how the $ transfer business works technically. Later I then actually received a phone call from them, further filling me in on what they were doing to correct the situation, which they did. Seriously, I could not have asked for better customer service and it is always readily available.

Now I consider more than simply the momentary exchange rate when I make transfers.

Hi, All! Seasoned Expat here still struggling with finding the best ways to send USD (from a US bank) to ARG. Been using Xoom (great conversion rate) and the compliance reviews are taking forever. Western Union is also slow. Any other suggestions?
Hold on, WU is slow?? When I use my debit card, my money is ready for pickup literally within minutes. Perhaps you could detail your "slow" experiences for us, so that we may better know what to suggest?

Now, if you'd told me their customer service blows goats, I'd have agreed without hesitation. I have been unable to use my WU points for almost a year now.

Hold on, WU is slow?? When I use my debit card, my money is ready for pickup literally within minutes. Perhaps you could detail your "slow" experiences for us, so that we may better know what to suggest?

Now, if you'd told me their customer service blows goats, I'd have agreed without hesitation. I have been unable to use my WU points for almost a year now.
Your WU 2022 summary was so useful! Any updates to it? Is there a new promo code? In your 2022 post, you mentioned GECO. Thanks!

the WU points are only usable through the app; through the webbrowser it's not possible.

Back