Best way of getting to Ezeiza

hepdoll

Registered
I'm flying out of the Ezeiza airport in a couple of weeks. What's it like these days to get there from the city? (And to get back into the city when I return, too?)

These posts have some great information but they're more than a year old:

How do you get to EZE? (Remis, taxi, bus...)

Getting to Ezeiza

I'd like to go the cheapest way possible but I'll have a couple of suitcases. Is the bus an OK option? (My boyfriend would go with me to see me off at the airport, so he'd help with my bags. :) How much are we talking for a taxi/remis? I saw that Manuel Tienda Leon is $45 pesos each way now - not bad, but if I can go for $2-3 pesos instead, that'd be a lot better!

Thanks in advance :)

Best way, no the cheapest but very reasonable priced $98 pesos all up (us$25 dollars), you can do the booking through Internet or by phone but must be made at least 5 hours in advance.

They will pick you up at your address and take you to Ezeiza departure terminal.

Web page TAXI EZEIZA

Recommended, effective, safe and very professional service.

On my last day in Buenas Aires (Nov 27th morning) I rode the subway rails to Retiro station, where I intended to buy a 45-peso ticket on the Leon bus nearby. Well, I got the ticket but before I did, a group of Argie delinquents sprayed lotion on my shirt and offered to help me clean it off (thereby "cleaning" out my pockets in the bargain.) I didn't let them get that close, yet they distracted me by pointing to pesos on the ground (not mine) and other things and before I knew it, they melted away into the crowd...with my additional bag holding laptop, camera, and sunglasses. All my pics from beautiful 2 months in BsAs are gone.

That's why the cheaper way is not cheapest at all, sorry and ashamed to hear that it happens to you :mad:, but that's the point not to go this way with all the baggage uncontrolled around you, there are crocks preying on unsuspecting foreign tourist and because of this it's better to play it safe than just save a few bucks.

Take the 8 bus! You don't have to go anywhere near Retiro, and it is thoroughly safe-- my wife and I take it 20 times a year, easy, and have never had any issues. The best part about it (besides costing $90 less than a $95 Manuel Tienda León) is it picks you up in a safe area and then passes through several other safe areas on Rivadavia where you can transfer to whatever other safe mode of transport to get you wherever it is you're going.

The last time I took a regular taxi from Congreso to Ezeiza, it cost 80 pesos (including tolls); a remis costs a bit more. Personally, I wouldn't want to stand and wait for the public bus while carrying my laptop, passport, debit cards, luggage, and everything else of value that comes with me on an international flight. Seems a bit penny-wise, pound-foolish (not to mention that trip would take forever.) Of course, if you're not taking any valuables, yeah, it's probably fine.

On the way back into BA, I either ask a fellow traveler if he'd like to split a cab (which many tourists are happy to do, especially if they don't speak Spanish or know where they're going), or take the Manuel Tienda Leon. The MTL is clean and punctual, and includes a free cab transfer from their terminal to your house (which makes it a pretty safe option.)

I am pretty sure Taxi EZE is not 98 pesos to go to EZE. it is an extra 98 to come back from EZE after having paid the reg fare to get there which I would imagine is now about 140 pesos. Taxi Premium (5238-0000)is 122.80 including tolls . 150 for an exec car with bottled water and wifi.

If the homepage says 98 pesos that IS the price. 2 months ago my mum paid exactly that. Worst that can happen is that they did not update the homepage in a while and now want 110 or 120 or something like that, so confirm the price when making your reservation.

Hellek said:
If the homepage says 98 pesos that IS the price. 2 months ago my mum paid exactly that. Worst that can happen is that they did not update the homepage in a while and now want 110 or 120 or something like that, so confirm the price when making your reservation.
If got drunk and fell overboard. If, and, and buts were chocolate , candy and nuts, oh what a Christmas we would have. If we had ham we could have ham and eggs, if we had eggs. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. If cows had wings...oh , you get the idea.
I believe 2 months ago was prior to the last 25% hike in taxi fares so 100 pesos would have been about right to get to the airport. In any event, what the ad says is the downtown price is 130 pesos and a downtown
/ return = 98 pesos. That means a RT = 228.

Back