Best way of getting to Ezeiza

darmanad said:
When was the last time you paid 98 pesos for an EZE taxi starting from from EZE to downtown? Why does the above-linked EZE site (thanks to Lucas) state the fare to downtown is 130 pesos?
Damn darmanat did you read the post?

No matter whether you are going from the airport to the city or from the city to airport.

From the airport to the city it will cost $130...period....(From today-12/01/2010- price just went up to $150 pesos)

When yo go from the city to airport it will cost you $98 pesos, (From-12/01/2010- price just went up to $120 pesos) it's one way independent trip with that independent price...period.

darmanad said:
Why does the above-linked EZE site (thanks to Lucas) state the fare to downtown is 130 pesos?

Because bloody it is.

darmanad said:
When was the last time you paid 98 pesos for an EZE taxi starting from from EZE to downtown?]

Bloody never!!!!...does not exist, that is $130 pesos (From today -12/01/2010- price just went up to $150 pesos)

$98 pesos (From today -12/01/2010- price just went up to $120 pesos) is valid from the RETURN LEG only to anyone who do the booking with five hours in advance....it's not tied to your or anyone else original trip to downtown.

NEW FARES at 12/01/2010

captureiiu.png

Damn! is this too hard to understand.

Guys, just want to say Thanks for all the information! I feel sort of incredulous that it is so difficult but your tips help a lot. Gracias! :)

Hello. Happy holidays. We are ending our trip in Argentina and will be taking a bus back from Mar Del plata to retiro. We are looking for the best and safest way from retiro to EZE airport. When we came in we took the tienda Leon but not sure where or how to catch that in reverse. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Crys and Todd

Hello. Happy holidays. We are ending our trip in Argentina and will be taking a bus back from Mar Del plata to retiro. We are looking for the best and safest way from retiro to EZE airport. When we came in we took the tienda Leon but not sure where or how to catch that in reverse. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Crys and Todd

The Manuel Leon terminal at Madero is quite close by actually.

You can see in the attachment I included that you would end up at the 'Terminal de Omnibus de Retiro".

The Manuel Leon terminal is where I put the black X.

If one didn't have too much luggage, one could walk from the bus terminal to the Leon terminal.

If you do have a lot of luggage and/or it's getting dark, even though it's not too far, it's a walk probably best not done as the area is a bit seedy. Villa 31 is nearby after all.

If you caught a cab from the bus terminal, I'm not sure if they take you to the Leon terminal without bitching or not. Perhaps if he did bitch and you flashed him 10,15,20 pesos, he'd go anyhow. Maybe someone else can comment.

Hypothetically, if a couple people were unsure where to go, one could stay behind at the Omnibus terminal while one walks & finds the route to the Leon terminal. One you know that cold (not an area to look lost -- especially with luggage), come back to the Omnibus terminal and both walk over.

First time I was in BsAs, I took the Subte from Retiro station with my suitcase and walked over to the Leon terminal. But I made sure to scope things out the day before, so I didn't look like a lost little puppy.

Safety first, above all.

I'd rather spend 130 or 150 (or whatever) pesos on a taxi than have an ugly incident as I'm leaving the city.

I didn't do this the last time carrying a laptop in an obvious laptop carrying case.

So it really all depends on a few things.

Hope some of that helps.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 12
Thanks very helpful. Our pop actually got his wallet lifted _ the day we took the subte to the retiro so we know it is super sketch. I think we will walk we don't ha e a lot of luggage.

Oogabooga looking @ your map we are trying to get our bearings out of the back of the station are the multi colored buildings and the market. In the from are the vendors and the you round about. When you go out the front doors which way is the Manuel station? Just trying to figure out my bearings. Thanks so munching

Hmm.. Been about a year since I've been by, but from the front doors of the bus station turn south/right. Go past the market area, lots of city buses nearby, cross through the park/bus depot and you should see the Tienda station fine.

Cross a couple of traffic lights and you're there, simple.

Two people with little luggage in the daytime should be fine, but if you're unsure, just scope it out like I mentioned. It's only about a 5 min walk away.

I had nothing to do last Sunday while waiting to pick up my friend from EZE. I speak Spanish and am as savvy as one can be. I took the the D line to Cathedral walked around the corner and caught the #

Hit the wrong button too soon Sorry to continue :caught the # 8 bus to EZE You can us your Monedero or SUBE card or cash on the bus and it will take you to EZE which is it's last stop, makes it easy to know where to get off it costs $2 Pesos. Was it safe? Yes. Would I take it again? NO. It took two hours and if I was traveling by myself and had baggage regardless of what country I was traveling in I would rarely take public transport, adding two hours journey time to a long flight is not wort it. The #8 is not an Airport Bus even if it's final destination is th Airport, it stops at all kind of little on the way. If you have time to kill and no baggage for $2 it's thecheapest way to et to the Airport.

Back