Best Way To Change £ Into Pesos

BAPaul

Registered
Hello all. So I am back in Argentina again and as usual all changes within a year...ha. What is the best way to get pesos at the moment. I normally use Azimo website and collect the money at an Argenper.....is this still the best way?

At the moment on Azimo it's £1 for 20.592 pesos....and looking online it is about the same exchange rate and similar prices for dollars. So my question is, is it best for me to use Azimo or is there a better option? bank atm's?....and why do these people still shout cambio cambio all up and down Florida if the prices are almost the same. I guess it is not worth going to them with UK money?

Azimo is the best bet from the UK in my opinion and has decent customer service. Bank ATMS have charges at both ends and the rate is not exciting

Small World Financial Services is also OK but their customer service is not great but they will transfer direct to an Argie banck account.

I have used Azimo in the past and had zero issues with it. I switched to Small World when the rates were better (not sure if they still are) and again it is fine. With Small World I have had some small problems, but have always been dealt with well and a resolution was quick (instant via their online chat).

Hello all. So I am back in Argentina again and as usual all changes within a year...ha. What is the best way to get pesos at the moment. I normally use Azimo website and collect the money at an Argenper.....is this still the best way?

At the moment on Azimo it's £1 for 20.592 pesos....and looking online it is about the same exchange rate and similar prices for dollars. So my question is, is it best for me to use Azimo or is there a better option? bank atm's?....and why do these people still shout cambio cambio all up and down Florida if the prices are almost the same. I guess it is not worth going to them with UK money?

probably so they can get tourists who don't know any better.

Thanks Yes I've used Azimo and went along to the Argenper to collect. Much easier and you can order online and it's available to pick up an hour later.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Small World looks interesting with the transfer to local bank account. I've never used it before - does anyone know if you can send money from your own UK bank account to your own Argentina bank account? Or does it have to be from a different sender?[/background]

Like a well trained Scotsman , I send the cash to me wifes bank account....

Which of course I have supplementary cards to....

By the way , the service works well . It used to be managed by More but now Argenper are doing the biz at this end . It seems to me that the cash arrives more quickly and there is none of the More bureaucracy!

Back