Best way to mail priority envelope? DHL vs FED EX?

dani28

Registered
I need a relative to send me an (unactivated) bank debit card that has arrived for me in the States, so we are talking about the smallest possible envelope with virtually no weight.
My question is, what would be the quickest, safest, and cheapest way for my relative to send it to me here in CF? I have seen that DHL offers next day service. I am not sure about Fed Ex. Also, would it arrive straight to my flat without any problems? Thanks for the help.

My company alwasy uses FedEx to send me documents/cards/etc and I've had no problems in the past and it was delivered directly to my door. Just make sure that the person sending indicates that the contents are documents and have no value.

Haven't ever had anything sent to me DHL.

I think prices of DHL and Fedex are about the same, you can get quotes on their websites. Both have standard size envelopes. DHL Express is faster than Fedex Economy. It is not exactly "next day", but day to get out, day in transit and day to deliver, so if your relative sends a package on Tuesday morning it will probably be delivered on Thursday afternoon.

Do not mention "Capital Federal" on your address in any form. Write "Buenos Aires" instead.

igor said:
Do not mention "Capital Federal" on your address in any form. Write "Buenos Aires" instead.
I've been using "Capital Federal" on all shipments to and from Buenos Aires via Fedex and DHL for years. No problems. What's the reasoning for avoiding it ?

I was wondering the same re: Capital Federal. I've always used it without any problems. Of course I also put Buenos Aires as well. So my address went something along the lines of
Citygirl
123 Street Name, Apt #
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires, Argentina Postal Code

One of my letters sent by Fedex visited Cairo 3 times before getting here. And each time I had to call them to explain that they are wrong. Apparently "CA" in Cairo was good enough match with "Capital Federal" :) .

If I am not mistaken, DHL is only present in big cities and rely on somebody else to deliver locally elsewhere.

If local delivery is kind of complicated here in BA, then Fedex does it better. They can even talk to portero and try to figure things out.

Perhaps I can save you hassle to check DHL. They wanted US$80 to mail a letter to the UK, I decided not to bother. That said, such services I presume are loads more reliable than national services.

Back