best way to post credit card from UK?

seeker

Registered
Anyone have experience of sending credit cards from the uk to Argentina? Which company did you use, was it reliable? I want a family member to send me a card, and I'm not sure if I trust the post office...

I've done this successfully twice now by having it sent by ordinary airmail post as something nondescript like a paperback book or a bundle of documents. So long as the packet doesn't attract interest in anyway and doesn't have the tell-tale feel of a credit card or come in the standard credit card envelope or have "credit card" emblazoned on it in the contents declaration or be sent by any form of special delivery it seems to come through. I'm sure other people can vouch for special delivery services too.

I've found FedEx to be the most reliable. Three-day service for a large envelope is around fifty dollars.

By far the best way is if you know someone who is coming over, get it posted to them in the UK.
I know I have posted before about the risks of bringing things over for people, but a credit card, you can be sure of what you are bringing.

If you are still having problems PM me I will be over 15 May.

Lots of thanks to everyone...Thankyou TangoBob for your kind offer...I might take you up on it...but I'll look at the alternatives first, as it would be less hassle all round....
Just a technical question...can a private individual use fedex type services?...just looking at their UK website, they seem to be totally aimed at the business market....

seeker said:
Just a technical question...can a private individual use fedex type services?...just looking at their UK website, they seem to be totally aimed at the business market....
Anyone can use FedEx. They even do home pick-ups.

I had debit cards sent over to me three times - By regular UK post (the international "signed for" service...which is quicker) and they all arrived safely. I had my dad put the envelope from the bank into a slightly bigger envelope so no one could "feel through". It took up to 10 working days.
I've used fed-ex for other things and that was fine too...although a friend of mine ended up having her fed-ex parcel (a DVD) held up in customs and got charged an added sum on delivery.
The only service I've ever had problems with is Parcel Force...which, if it doesn't actually lose your item, tends to hold it in a UK warehouse for at least two weeks before actually sending it out!

if the UK bank has a branch in Argentina, such as HSBC, you can sask them to send to the bank and you pick it up from there. That is what I did.

Back