Best way to send money to Argentina from UK

rihornos

Registered
Hello everyone. Does anybody know of a good way to send money to Argentina. First I thought of Western Union but the fees are expensive may be someone knows of a good method to do this.

If you search the forum you will find many discussions with very detailed info about this.

Western Union may have high fees but they also have one of the best exchange rates of those money transfer services at this point.

Other popular options are
  1. To bring cash (crisp, new 100 dollar bills)
  2. Contado con Liquidación (buy stock or bonds that are traded in both USD and pesos abroad and then sell it in Argentina)
  3. Use crypto/stable coins like USDC

Out of interest how much are the fees for sending from the UK?

If you search the forum you will find many discussions with very detailed info about this.

Western Union may have high fees but they also have one of the best exchange rates of those money transfer services at this point.

Other popular options are
  1. To bring cash (crisp, new 100 dollar bills)
  2. Contado con Liquidación (buy stock or bonds that are traded in both USD and pesos abroad and then sell it in Argentina)
  3. Use crypto/stable coins like USDC
Many thanks I know WU pays a good rate though expensive for sending I was told

I've used xoom.com several times to send money from the USA to Argentina, Chile and Brazil. It's owned by paypal. The transfer fees are very small, like $5.00 USA and the exchange they give you is close to the blue dollar rate, not the official bank exchange rate. So it's not the BEST option, but in a pinch it's an easy option and the exchange rate is pretty good.

Good luck!

Pete & Ron & the kitties

I've used xoom.com several times to send money from the USA to Argentina, Chile and Brazil. It's owned by paypal. The transfer fees are very small, like $5.00 USA and the exchange they give you is close to the blue dollar rate, not the official bank exchange rate. So it's not the BEST option, but in a pinch it's an easy option and the exchange rate is pretty good.

Good luck!

Pete & Ron & the kitties
Many thanks I think is the best option and the rate is really good I got dissapointed with More this is a lot better. Thanks Pete & Ron & kitties!

I use WU all the time. Great rate, fast, and no fees. Not sure where the expensive fee idea comes from.

I use WU all the time. Great rate, fast, and no fees. Not sure where the expensive fee idea comes from.
Hello jblaze, I heard WU is getting easier/cheaper to use, but what exchange rate do they give you on the transferred money? Is it close to the blue dollar rate or do they use the official Argentina peso exchange rate? It makes a huge difference.

Back