Sending money to a company (not an individual)

cpopetz

Registered
I do not have an argentine bank account, and have been transferring money successfully via WU to pick up in cash here. However, now I would like to purchase something large (around 5k USD) and would like to transfer directly to the company so as to avoid carrying around 5 million pesos. However, WU wants an individual name and a CUIL, not a CUIT. The other transfer service I've used (Wise) no longer sends to Argentina. Any suggestions?

Can you pay with a credit card? What about crypto?

Can you pay with a credit card? What about crypto?
Credit card has a hefty surcharge, crypto is not accepted. I can do WU to an argentine friend and have them do the transferencia, but I was just hoping not to ask them to do that.

I can do WU to an argentine friend and have them do the transferencia, but I was just hoping not to ask them to do that.
I think receiving 5 grand US on a bank account from some random guy will trigger AFIP flags on your friend. So, he will have to prove the origin of the money and that he doesn't have to pay taxes on this.

I think receiving 5 grand US on a bank account from some random guy will trigger AFIP flags on your friend. So, he will have to prove the origin of the money and that he doesn't have to pay taxes on this.
Thank you, that's very good to know, I won't go that route then.

Back