Best way to send money to Argentina from UK

WU seems to follow the CCL rate very closely which is close to the blue (for now).

I'm transferring regularly from France and it's 4,99 EUR (roughly 5.15 USD) per transfer, but I know it's much more costly for the US.

Hi All,
I asked a query on this very subject in another thread a short time ago but it looks like this thread perhaps should've been my first port of call.

Earlier today (and what prompted me to find this forum), I tried to send USD to Argentina from the UK, only to be told that I can only send GBP. I can do it through my UK bank, however they charge £25 a pop. It sounds like USDC could be a potential improvement. Thank you very much for the info. I shall investigate further.

I was thinking of Xoom but only works with bank accounts and credit cards from the USS.

Hello jblaze, I heard WU is getting easier/cheaper to use, but what exchange rate do they give you on the transferred money? Is it close to the blue dollar rate or do they use the official Argentina peso exchange rate? It makes a huge difference.

Rate today is 176.75.

Sometimes it higher than blue, sometimes it's lower. Depends on the gov shenanigans at the time.

I would rather have this rate and transfer money in a day from my US account directly to my arg account then have to deal with a local/cueva and paint a target on myself.

Rate today is 176.75.

Sometimes it higher than blue, sometimes it's lower. Depends on the gov shenanigans at the time.

I would rather have this rate and transfer money in a day from my US account directly to my arg account then have to deal with a local/cueva and paint a target on myself.
Excellent information, thanks jblaze! When I used xoom the money did go directly into my Buenos Aires Santander account, so it was safe and easy, so it looks like I'll look into WU next time to compare rates and fees. It's always good to have backup options, it's why I tried xoom in the first place.

Back