Best way to travel to Uruguay - Juan Ignacio

Can I buy a one way ticket on buquebus, or will they not let me in to Uruguay unless I have a return ticket? I have my Argentina DNI and US passport only.

You will find out fairly quickly whether you're allowed into Uruguay since Uruguayan immigration control is done in the Buquebus terminal in Buenos Aires.

I imagine it would depend on whether you have a temporary, permanent, or citizen DNI, but in any case, since the check is done before you get on the ferry, you have time to buy a return ticket right there.

We're in Montevideo now, no problems with bringing the car. They ask for proof of ownership ("cedula verde") or permission to drive the car ("cedula azul"), ID, and valid insurance cover (the Mercosur coverage extension you get with car insurance policies). AFIP are a bit annoying checking everyone again in the queue to get on the ferry, but no more than that. This time I wasn't asked for my driving license.

By the way- I believe you are talking about Jose Ignacio, Juan Ignacio is a futbol player.
And its expensive there. be prepared. Figure triple Argentine prices for most things, although some luxury items, such as hotel rooms, can be more. The beachfront cottage rooms at Vik, in Jose Ignacio, start at $1000USD a night.
In january, when we were, there, I got passed twice, in my slowpoke rental car, by Lamborghinis. The purple one was doing twice the speed limit, I think it was an Urus. $400k.

I bought a one way ticket on clase primera, hopefully I don't have to buy a return ticket

Back