Best/Worst English Schools?

nledec

Registered
There are so many places to learn English in BA.
Which schools/institutes have a good reputation, and which are infamous?
Also, how is Berlitz?

Berlitz is famous all over the world, and they are one of the oldest around. However, I recommended Berlitz to my partner, he paid a lot of money for a course there and it was nothing like Berlitz in other countries. Very average, and the usual Argentina poor customer service, got to class a few times and there was no room, so they had the class in a hallway, no air conditioning in the middle of the summer, non-native english speaking teachers, etc. My partner signed up at their school on Av. de Mayo a few blocks from where we live and of course they never told him that that branch was closing in 3 weeks and that he would have to take his classes across town at their school near Plaza San Martin which is a windowless office and in no way appropriate for a school the level and price of Berlitz. He was told they were moving after he had his first class and had paid already for the package course. And it's not like they didn't know. The Av. de Mayo Berlitz was there for more than 50 years! Of course these things were mentioned to the management but were completely ignored, as usual. At an unknown school that is inexpensive you can get away with that stuff, but Berlitz costs 1000s of pesos per program and does not live up the their international reputation. My partner said the teachers were ok, but when they wanted him to renew I told him to forget it and we just practice at home and some private lessons which have been much more effective.

languagesba dot wordpress dot com A few of my friends have been impressed by the teachers and service offered by this organisation. I have heard that the international schools offer a very low level of service and they pass people through the stages even though they shouldn't be passed. They work with a very strange system too. I think they are all about making money rather than caring about the progress of their students. I would stick to the national institutes such as the Cambridge Institute and the local services of organisations such as languagesba dot wordpress dot com which seem to have been set up by professional teachers who really do care about their students progression with languages.

Back