Survey.: Best to worst airline to fly from BA to USA.

D.B. Cooper

Registered
Last year I flew to NYC from BA on American A. It was a direct flight, The plane arrived on time but the plane was jammed packed and the seats seemed extra small, very uncomfortable and the food was sub par. The personnel here at the American Airlines office on Ave. Santa Fe gave me incorrect information which cost me money. This year I'm planning another trip to NYC and I'm looking around for other carriers. I don't mind the layovers as it gives me a chance to stretch my legs. Any suggestions ?.

Last year I flew to NYC from BA on American A. It was a direct flight, The plane arrived on time but the plane was jammed packed and the seats seemed extra small, very uncomfortable and the food was sub par. The personnel here at the American Airlines office on Ave. Santa Fe gave me incorrect information which cost me money. This year I'm planning another trip to NYC and I'm looking around for other carriers. I don't mind the layovers as it gives me a chance to stretch my legs. Any suggestions ?.
I would fly Aerolineas every time if it meant avoiding American.

I have flown the NYC route using Aerolineas and Delta twice in the past year.
I am a person larger than most Argentinians ... I had seats in Economy where I could select aisle seats.
After 7 hours I got a little uncomfortable, if a movie is over 2 1/2 hours I get squeamish ... was not going to pay the huge upgrade to Comfort + ...
but I was not feeling like a sardine.
This is no longer the 80's and 90's if I remember correctly when airlines advertised that some famous
chef had a hand in preparing the meals.
On my return flight in April, back to EZE, I actually had two extra seats vacant next to me.
I also brought a nice sandwich as well.
I have had good experiences so far.
Well that is my two cents worth. What is that worth now in ARS? About 10 pesos?

Last edited:
My travels back to the states usually takes me via Houston with United, usually uneventful, but the one time they did screw up they comped me business class from Buenos Aires to Houston so I will give them credit where credit is due.

Flying via Panama isn’t too bad. 😀
Recently flew w/Copa and it's not bad, only con is the restroom is tiny. If you read the news about people getting stuck in the 737 Max restrooms, these are the kind they're talking about.

Otherwise service was good, seats were comfortable, and I earned 100% miles flown despite it being promo economy.

I like the LATAM to SCL from BUE to JFK. Sometimes even from AEP. Better when LAN without TAM merger. Long rest for afternoon eat, stretch, walk in that comfortable enough set of gates in Santiago. Then the long overnight to NYC. Similar the other way. That had been 3/4 of my 2-4 times per year since '05 until the 2020 chaos. AA flights occasionally are Always terrible to SA, but have to use those awards if LATAM not partnership not available. They are not as easy these days. Also a few Continental (now United) awards thru Houston are not terrible, and the United partnership Aerolíneas that sometimes happens (or not anymore?).

Recently flew w/Copa and it's not bad, only con is the restroom is tiny. If you read the news about people getting stuck in the 737 Max restrooms, these are the kind they're talking about.

Otherwise service was good, seats were comfortable, and I earned 100% miles flown despite it being promo economy.
People getting stuck? They can't get the door open?

Toilet door got stuck on me on a 787 from Addis Ababa to Sao Paolo and it was during taxi to take off 😀
Had half the crew with all sorts of implements trying to pry it open.

I recently flew from JFK to Aeroparque with LATAM via Lima and it was a good experience overall. I had to buy the next level ticket as I needed flexibility and for a few dollar more not only I got it, but also (to my surprise) more space for my knees. The additional bonus was the arrival at AEP.

Back