Beware about tax-free refunds at EZE

surfing

Registered
Does anyone think it's a coincidence that they leave the tax refund booth without a single employee? Don't count on getting your tax-free forms validated before heading out of the country. :mad:

I travel out of the country and get a tax free refund about once a month and have never had a problem. Maybe they were taking a "potty break" when you were there. It is a small booth!

To get the tax back is it only on clothing above 100 peso value or large items like electronics? I'll be in BA for prob around 2 months more so it wouldn't be a bad idea to start getting those receipts!

Thanks

I Also have never had a proble,. It's even been quick.

Panini said:
To get the tax back is it only on clothing above 100 peso value or large items like electronics? I'll be in BA for prob around 2 months more so it wouldn't be a bad idea to start getting those receipts!

Thanks

The items have to be manufactured in Argentina.

Electronics from China don't count. Knives from Brazil? no.

Mainly leather jackets & shoes and the like from overpriced stores. It's probably a better idea just to pay in US Dollars and negotiate a rate & price that would be better than the TAX FREE and would save the hassle.

Yep, same thing happened to me when I left Eze last year. I had heaps of time before my flight so I waited....and waited....and waited.
Because others have had good outcomes it makes me think that it's the luck of the draw but that doesn't sound like Argentina does it????

Yes I really don't think this is accidental, more like an intentional work slowdown. It's just another way to keep money from leaving. It certainly fits the pattern of everything else going on lately.

Also a coincidence that they have it at the same booth you have to wait in to declare your electronics if you're leaving country if you're Argentine? So only 1 line to handle both heavy volume activities.

I know plenty of people who just gave up trying to get a refund b/c the line was so ridiculously long.

Do you need a airticket to do the tax return or you can just go there...

puvenlee said:
Do you need a airticket to do the tax return or you can just go there...
You get the validation stamp before security and immigration (land side) and the actual refund on the other side of security and immigration (air side) so you have to have a ticket to pass through there.

Back