Beware of RentingBA (not RentinBA)!

There are a lot of people in general who like to take advantage of the vulnerability of someone in a different country and housing is something that is easy to do this with because it's something that people SI O SI need and often times it involves large sums of money, usually in (guess what) US dollars.

It's especially disappointing that this guy is a fellow expat, and clearly uses that fact on his website to drum up business ("Why RentingBA? We are American-owned and operated...") Honestly, as the owner of an online enterprise and a former poster on this forum, you'd think he would have been painfully aware of the effect that just one negative review on the Internet can have... but instead of just coughing up an apology and an offer of future compensation, he painted himself as more and more of a twat with each increasingly-arrogant response.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for posting the experience of her family, and hopefully saving some future renters similar trouble.

If these big companies a such a scam then where is a good place to actually find an apartment? I am a student who is moving there in July and I am in need of preferably a shared apartment with other young students.

If this is who I think it is his name is Robert and he is an American. He ripped me off also a few years ago. He also put me in a cab that was almost a kidnapping. I punched the guy in the back of the head and jumped out in the middle of las heras with my suitcase.

There are people on this board that know him and how to get ahold of him. He has burned bridges everywhere.

I know he lives in Las canitas. I would also like to punch him in the nose.

He likes to say he is Russian mafia, but really he is a short little man.

Could you call AFIP on him for renting en negro and in dollars?

Its_not_me said:
If this is who I think it is his name is Robert and he is an American.
I know he lives in Las canitas. I would also like to punch him in the nose.

He likes to say he is Russian mafia, but really he is a short little man.

Could you call AFIP on him for renting en negro and in dollars?

Couldn't agree more!

Back