Beware of RentingBA (not RentinBA)!

I actually just finished reading that whole thread and it seems you are misrepresenting things. " Saint " spoke with the " owner " who stated the property was shared with another company. That seems pretty common as many properties you see on rental websites aren't directly managed by companies but rather shared with other agencies. I have many friends in the rental business and this is standard practice. It also sounds like the deposit was returned long before that or this thread were ever made and the only reason it didn't get refunded sooner was because Paypal was holding it. The OP confirmed as much and also retracted their initial accusations. I'm always amazed at how rentors are demonized on this website. But it's a slow news week. Carry on.

RicardoBA said:
Tripadvisor forum revealed that the owner of RentingBA has misrepresented himself by listing an apartment which he had no contract or permission to publish. Also, he listed himself as the owner of another apartment of which he was not.
Avoid this agency.
The people finally got their deposit back, but why should they have to come to TripAdvisor and this forum to put pressure on the owner.

Blackhand you are incorrect. Saint's property was removed from the website at his request since he had never contracted with RentingBA and no this is not a normal practice. If the OP had never posted this thread then Saint would have never known that his property was being listed there.It is also not a normal practice to represent yourself as the owner of an apartment when you are not.
These are the facts. Read the thread again

I read the entire post this morning on Tripadvisor and I totally agree with you RicardoBA. I was actually shocked to read some of the follow up posts by the owner. He does not come across well.

Where did the " owner " of the property in dispute on that thread represent himself as the owner of Saints apartment ? From what I read, Saint posted that he spoke with the " owner " of the other property who confirmed he had permission from another agency to list saints apartment. Again, standard practice. I have friends in the rental business that work in or own many different rental agencies. From my understanding most of these agencies share properties and list them on their websites. Are you also a rental agent and are possibly motivated by personal reasons to try and harm another competing agency ? And if not, how do you know what is normal practice in the rental business ? And I did read the whole thread and it reads like much ado about nothing.

RicardoBA said:
Blackhand you are incorrect. Saint's property was removed from the website at his request since he had never contracted with RentingBA and no this is not a normal practice. If the OP had never posted this thread then Saint would have never known that his property was being listed there.It is also not a normal practice to represent yourself as the owner of an apartment when you are not.
These are the facts. Read the thread again

Blackhand you are incorrect. The listing for Saint's apartment was removed from the RentingBA website since they did not have the authority to post it there. Had the OP from TripAdvisor not shared their bad experience then Saint would have never known that his property was on this website.
Also, it is not standard practice for the owner of RentingBA to pose as the owner of another apartment when he is not.
Why do people on here complain about rental owners and some agencies??? Because they have had less than acceptable or even illegal experiences with many of them in Buenos Aires.
There are many reputable agencies to do business with in Buenos Aires. RentingBA is not one of them by the experiences which I have just heard about.

Blackhand
Iam not a rental agent at all. I have an impeccable record as a Destination Expert on TripAdviosr and an advocate for visitor's rights.
I might ask if you are Alex Salazar????

So how would you know what is normal practice in the rental business ? And to answer your other question, no. But I am an advocate of property owners rights on this forum. By looking at my " impeccable " history on this forum, you will see that.

RicardoBA said:
Blackhand Iam not a rental agent at all.

Which rental companies are you referring to that all make it a standard practice of listing owners properties on their websites without their permission??? I'd sure love to know that one so I can avoid them.

If I sign a contract with Buenos Aires Habitat or BYT Argentina or OasisBA or ApartmentsBA or others, I certainly wouldn't expect them to give permission for another no name website to list my property on their website. None of the reputable rental companies allow owners properties to be poached and listed on others.

So TheBlackHand can you let me know which rental companies you are talking about that make this a standard practice of listing owners properties without permission? This definitely isn't standard practice with ethical rental companies. Maybe seedy no name rental companies that aren't ethical but none of the other companies do this sort of thing.

In what bizarro world could this be considered standard practice?

When a property is managed by a rental agency, that rental agency has the right to share that property with other agencies. This is standard practice unless an owner specifically asks for exclusivity. It is standard practice here and in the US, where realtors share listings and then share commissions. And are you also a rental agent ? because it sounds like you claim to know the internal workings of every major rental agency in Argentina.

earlyretirement said:
Which rental companies are you referring to that all make it a standard practice of listing owners properties on their websites without their permission??? I'd sure love to know that one so I can avoid them.

If I sign a contract with Buenos Aires Habitat or BYT Argentina I certainly wouldn't expect them to give permission for another no name website to list my property on their website. None of the reputable rental companies allow owners properties to be poached and listed on others.

So TheBlackHand can you let me know which rental companies you are talking about that make this a standard practice of listing owners properties without permission?

Back