Beware of the smelly taxi

lamarque - you got right, foreigners tend to get paranoid too quickly here. wich its the probability that it happen to you again?... 0. Just take it as a funny thing and forget it.

flowerpower said:
lamarque - you got right, foreigners tend to get paranoid too quickly here. wich its the probability that it happen to you again?... 0. Just take it as a funny thing and forget it.

take it as a funny thing???? haha! hope it happens to you and you'll see how funny it makes you feel, I'm definitely not going to go as for as to say that I'm traumatized for life but it really wasn't funny, at all.
also all the girls 4 out of 4 of the party had, had a similar experience at one point of their lives, but none in taxis, actually most in parks, the golf was one of them, while sitting in the park, and another in Brazil in a secluded beach. Im not saying that this happens everyday or only to foreigners, as all of my friends at that party were Argy. I'm just saying, it wasn't a pleasant sight, and sometimes it better to be more aware.

shoush said:
take it as a funny thing???? haha! hope it happens to you and you'll see how funny it makes you feel, I'm definitely not going to go as for as to say that I'm traumatized for life but it really wasn't funny, at all.
also all the girls 4 out of 4 of the party had, had a similar experience at one point of their lives, but none in taxis, actually most in parks, the golf was one of them, while sitting in the park, and another in Brazil in a secluded beach. Im not saying that this happens everyday or only to foreigners, as all of my friends at that party were Argy. I'm just saying, it wasn't a pleasant sight, and sometimes it better to be more aware.
Well or your friends are inventing the anecdote just to tell something has happen to them to as aparently all the argentines do or wow you must have the most unlucky group ever, i live here almost all my life and i know really lot of people from the country and foreigners and i never ever hear of something like that. Even when all of us travel almost every day by taxy. I can definetevely tell you that you should just take it as an anecdote and forget about it, is really not common at all and in any case they are not dangerous i would be more afraid of others things.

lamarque said:
I can definetevely tell you that you should just take it as an anecdote and forget about it, is really not common at all and in any case they are not dangerous i would be more afraid of others things.

I've heard this type of story about a couple other times. There was another similar story posted earlier this year on this forum. (I just googled it.)

Some women have even been raped by taxi drivers. One I recall in 2008 involving a British tourist, and another last year or so when a young women was leaving a boliche near the Costanera.

But yeah, not common.. so, just like, forget about it. :rolleyes:

Yep, heard it a few times before as well, unfortunately. It seems to be quite frequent here, actually a few weeks back walking down Las Heras (past the parque) saw a guy sitting under the tree looking at a group of people with his hands down his pants. Ugly sight.

flowerpower said:
They hate that because after many slams, the car's door start to broke up and they are responsables for the repair costs multiplied by 2 or 3 doors. I dont know why foreigners doesnt understand that. Any way thats another thread.

Why would you damage the property of someone not responsible? The owner of the taxi will have to pay for the damage, not the driver who rents the taxi from the owner.

flowerpower said:
"FOREIGNERS"? Are you aware this is an expat site?

lamarque said:
Well or your friends are inventing the anecdote just to tell something has happen to them to as aparently all the argentines do or wow you must have the most unlucky group ever, i live here almost all my life and i know really lot of people from the country and foreigners and i never ever hear of something like that. Even when all of us travel almost every day by taxy. I can definetevely tell you that you should just take it as an anecdote and forget about it, is really not common at all and in any case they are not dangerous i would be more afraid of others things.

Yes, I'm sure my friends were inventing their story to "fit in" because if it hadnt happened to them we were going to kick them out of the party! ha!

nikad said:
Shoush, In well over 30 years this never happened to me, I have heard about it although it really is not common. It is true that this pajero types are harmless, but I sympathize.

Maybe try a new hairstyle?

flowerpower said:
They hate that because after many slams, the car's door start to broke up and they are responsables for the repair costs multiplied by 2 or 3 doors. I dont know why foreigners doesnt understand that. Any way thats another thread.

Maybe they understand after they hear the noise? Maybe they are accustomed to heavier doors?

Back