Beware of the smelly taxi

flowerpower said:
lamarque - you got right, foreigners tend to get paranoid too quickly here. wich its the probability that it happen to you again?... 0. Just take it as a funny thing and forget it.

Interesting point of view you share. Most Argentines understand & sympathise with this kind of stuff, in fact most are more security conscious and distrusting than expats.

You and Lamarque would be in the minority.

I had a similar thing happen in a packed subte carriage, I couldn't escape the pervert who was doing similar and groping too, ugh. I ran to a carriage two doors down at the next stop, breathed a sigh of relief and then freaked out as I found the guy was behind me, having followed me in. It was so packed with people no one could tell what was going on. I shouted at him, the other passengers just thought I was crazy, got out at the next stop and walked home for one hour, didn't take the subte again for months. So I sympathise with you!!!

Mitch said:
Maybe they understand after they hear the noise? Maybe they are accustomed to heavier doors?

Yep takes a little bit to get accustomed to the light doors, too little force and the door wont close fully and too much and it slams. Fine balance.

trennod said:
Interesting point of view you share. Most Argentines understand & sympathise with this kind of stuff, in fact most are more security conscious and distrusting than expats.

You and Lamarque would be in the minority.

Sure we are the minotity... the majority of people wich has common sense take the number of the cab each time they get one. It Should be like the 90% of people I guess right?...:p

Awful... it's hard to believe there's such disgusting people out there.

While I have never had anything like that happen to me, I sympathize. If I were a girl traveling alone in the city I'd definitely invest in a can of pepper spray. Taking note of cab numbers is a good idea, too. One doesn't think that stuff like this can happen to you, but it's best to have a plan of action in case it does.

Try not to let the experience affect you too much, though if you can find a reliable remisero, that might be a good alternative. ;)

OK, Gentlemen, if were to get into a cab with a female driver and she started masterbating....would you get hysterical and jump out? Demand to exit immediately. Call her names. Or give her an extra generous tip???????

Next time something wired happens, take note of the taxi license number. You can make an official complaint with the transit dept and they will investigate. I would have gone to the police as well. The driver would have lost his license over this.

yes, great advice and i definitely will! lesson learned:)

ghost said:
OK, Gentlemen, if were to get into a cab with a female driver and she started masterbating....would you get hysterical and jump out? Demand to exit immediately. Call her names. Or give her an extra generous tip???????

Seriously, have you ever seen what the female taxi drivers in Buenos Aires look like? Uggghhhh. Be careful what you wish for. That's a show I wouldn't want to watch.

Back