Big Rebates For 3 Days (Electronics, Various Things)

Can someone with an Argentine credit card please explain to me how payments in bills works? EG. Credit limit on credit card is $5000 pesos and I want to buy a TV that is $6000 in 12 bills of 500 pesos. Would that mean I am unable to get the TV at all because it's total price is more than my monthly credit limit? Or does the fact I'm only being billed $500 a month mean the limit is OK?

The credit card company will block the total amount of the purchase against your limit, regardless of how many cuotas you have. So in your case, no you will not be able to buy the TV. You should probably call the CC company and ask for a credit limit increase...

You should have two different limits. One is your single-purchase limit, the other is your total payments limit. The two seem to be completely separate and the payments limit is usually at least a bit greater than the single-purchase limit.

Let's say that you have a $3000 monthly limit on single purchases (i.e., not payments) and $5000 on payments. Then, on the payments one, you can only have outstanding credit of up to $5000 pesos total. If you charge $5000 pesos in one month and your payments are $500 pesos, then next month you will have a balance of $4500 pesos and could charge payments on $500 additional pesos, and so on.

In your example you would not be able to buy the TV for $6000 pesos with a payment credit limit of $5000 pesos, with everything on your payment limit. However, you could charge directly $1000 pesos from your monthly single-purchase limit and then do payments on the rest. Keep in mind if you do that, obviously, you'd have $1500 due the next month - $1000 from your single purchase limit and $500 monthly payment.

At least, that's how our Santander Rio account works.

I just checked my Santander Rio Visa account on line.

I have a "compra" limit of 15,000 pesos and a "compra en quotas" limit of $22,500 pesos.

As of this morning my "comrpa en quotas" available balance has been reduced to about $16,500 by my recent purchase of a $6000 TV.

My available balance for compras is still $15,000.

So, it appears that the two categories are mutually exclusive.

Somewhereinba, I suggest you check to see if you also have a "compra in quotas" limit in addition to the $5,00 limit that you already know about.

I just checked the Garbaino website to see today's price on the 40" Samsung UN40F5000 that was first offered at the HOTSALE price of $6799 on Friday morning and then, later in the day was offered at the price of $5999 with 12 cuotas of $499.

This morning the price is $8164 with 12 cuotas of $680.

The HOTSALE is now COLD.

PS: Even if you don't know you exact available balance or you purchase limits, the next time find a "deal" on something you want to buy, just go for it.

If the amount exceeds your limit, the transaction will be declined in about ten seconds.

I don't think it would possible make two separate charges when buying something on line or even by phone. The sale price includes a predetermined number of quotas without interest. Even if you could make two charges, I think you would end up being charged interest on the remaining balance that would be paid in quotas.

UPDATE: I just checked the Fravega website. In the search results the 40" Samsung UN40F5000 (now listed at the all time high "regular price" of $8164..the same price as Garbarino) is on sale for $6499 with 12 cuotas of $541at 0 interest, but when I clicked on "comprar" and proceeded to checkout, the price was $7499 with 12 quotas of $624.

...I don't think it would possible make two separate charges when buying something on line or even by phone. The sale price includes a predetermined number of quotas without interest. Even if you could make two charges, I think you would end up being charged interest on the remaining balance that would be paid in quotas.

I mentioned using the "buy" in conjunction with the "payments" in person, in the store. You're right, you'd never be able to do that online, although over the phone, if someone's taking the order, I see no reason why not. As far as a sale price goes, you may be right about it messing up the deal.

However, on a regular purchase I know you can include the two together with no ill results, as I did it a few months ago buying a computer. I didn't have quite enough left on the payments but had all my available purchase limit open. I put what I didn't have for payments on purchases and the rest with payments. It was face-to-face in a store.

unday.ay
I mentioned using the "buy" in conjunction with the "payments" in person, in the store. You're right, you'd never be able to do that online, although over the phone, if someone's taking the order, I see no reason why not. As far as a sale price goes, you may be right about it messing up the deal.

However, on a regular purchase I know you can include the two together with no ill results, as I did it a few months ago buying a computer. I didn't have quite enough left on the payments but had all my available purchase limit open. I put what I didn't have for payments on purchases and the rest with payments. It was face-to-face in a store.

A week ago today I was in Garbarino in Bahia Blanca I asked if I could buy the TV I wanted at the on line sale price. The answer was no. I then walked a block to Fravega and got the same answer.

The in store price was $1000 more at Fravega than the price on their website. The TV (with a "regular price" of $6999) had been "on sale" for $5900 from Friday though Sunday.

When I returned home the Fravega "regular price" on the web site was suddenly $5900 but it was not available for purchase on line!

Info on the page indicated that it was desponible in sucursales!

A new Jumbochecks promo starts today!

Big savings!

http://www.jumbo.com.ar/

A tip if you make repeated purchases: fill two carts with the same products, once you go to pay for one of the carts, put the other one in the small cafe inside the Jumbo (nobody will move it), come back and pay for the second cart :p

Back