Bikes and work

mprse07

Registered
Hi all,

My name is Matt. I just arrived back in BA after having studied abroad here between May and July of 2009. I am staying with a friend for now, but looking for work and for the cycling community, as I enjoy riding bikes a lot. I didn´t bring my bike with me, but have done a lot of reading about bike theft, bike safety here, etc... Any tips on where/how to best get a bike? I am thinking about checking out Fabricicleta in Villa Urquiza.. any tips are great. Thanks!

Saludos

Hi mprse.
I brought oth my bikes with me , my Beach Cruiser and my MTB.
I soo miss the singletracks of long island and riding the terminal morain of Ronkonkoma !.
Google wikiloc. Many people worldwide have posted their gps traks there , including myself.
I also broght with me the remaining inventory of my bike shop when I moved here.
If there is a repair you need , let me know . Although I AM about 60km from El Centro .
The nice part about biking here are the dirt roads. its pretty much flat tho. But you DO get to see places that have been part of history , hiding out in plain sight.

Fabe,
Thanks for your reply and thanks for offering to help with a repair if I need one...first thing´s first, though...gotta get a bike! I´ve never actually done much mtb-ing. I´m mostly a roadie. But i want to get a mtb. I´m also relatively new to biking and could definitely use a bit of a crash-course in mechanics/maintenance. Have you heard of Fabricicleta? And how did you come to live 60k outside the centro?

Long story pertaining to my location....
Hey , Id say get a retail bike . I wouldnt get a raleigh above a retail bike becasue raleighs are pretty much a retail bike , but because its an old brand , you pay for the name.
Other than a gary fisher or a cannondale . , Stick to any mtb you can get at an easy or other retail joint.
Most of them are made in china anyway.
I never heard of fabriceta. although i understand there are several locally produced bikes , never seen a locally produced mtb or a high end bike tho ...

mprse07 said:
Hi all,

My name is Matt. I just arrived back in BA after having studied abroad here between May and July of 2009. I am staying with a friend for now, but looking for work and for the cycling community, as I enjoy riding bikes a lot. I didn´t bring my bike with me, but have done a lot of reading about bike theft, bike safety here, etc... Any tips on where/how to best get a bike? I am thinking about checking out Fabricicleta in Villa Urquiza.. any tips are great. Thanks!

Saludos

Go to Canaglia, they have been in busisness since 1939.
http://www.canaglia.com/
Regards

Back