Biking in Buenos Aires?

CobbleCobble

Registered
I was thinking about doing some biking during my stay in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Can anyone recommend a good bike tour company or rental agency? I came across a place called Urban Biking that seems legit and well organized - anyone ever hear of them or deal with them?

Any info is appreciated.

Hi -- there's them or there's Bicicleta Naranja. I haven't toured with either but I've seen bici naranja in the parks -- their bikes are of course, orange. I think the bici naranja ones are playeras (touring bikes) whereas from the pics the Urban ones look like hybrids or mtn bikes. I'm sure they keep their bikes in good order, but you can also rent bikes at most of the parks for about 10 pesos an hour. The condition of the bikes might not be as good, but if you're only interested in toodling around inside the parks for a bit you'll be fine. If you're looking for guided ours I think either one of the companies would be good, it would just come down to convenience as to where the companies are vis-a-vis your place.

Someone else posted some bike trails on here the other day, have a look through and you should find them.

Not sure about rentals, but I do know there is a great bike path alongside railway tracks that runs from Vicente Lopez all the way to Tigre. Nice easy ride and safe!

wreReynolds said:
Not sure about rentals, but I do know there is a great bike path alongside railway tracks that runs from Vicente Lopez all the way to Tigre. Nice easy ride and safe!
That bike trail continues to Olivos as well. Yesterday a friend and I took our bikes on a morning train to Tigre, rode around there a bit, then down the coast to Vincente Lopez where we rented windsurfers for a few hours then rode our bikes back to Recoleta to catch a movie at BAFICI. It was a pretty perfect day.

Back