Bilingual HIIT classes or Temporary Personal Trainer?

NewBAie

Registered
Hi all,

I will be moving to BA temporarily to learn Spanish, and I'd like to continue something parallel to my typical NYC workout regimen, which is a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) class called Barry's Bootcamp.

I've tried Googleing for HIIT options in BA and looking through this forum, but many of the businesses referenced in online posts and forums do not appear to have any recent web activity so I can't tell if they're still in business (e.g. Jungle Gym; a group called Vitruvian; Hitbox).

Would anyone have any leads ideally on a bilingual-accommodating HIIT workout or a gym that takes short term signups and could facilitate a non-Spanish speaker signing up? I'll be in the San Telmo area, but can travel as required.

Thanks, all!

Idk, i feel like if you go to any trendy crossfit-y gym near san telmo a large percent of the locals will know english. its not a lot of words to learn to do a class? Go to gym with your basic spanish and try to work out if it can work. might try walking around and find it. You should probably look for stuff called funcional.

most people living in expensive areas will have a basic understanding of english. Basic communication will be possible if you get some workout vocabulary down. Prolly hit up an LLM of your choice and ask it "What are 50 spanish vocabulary words that i would need to take a crossfit like class in buenos aires that i can learn?

I suggest you try both the chains like BIG and the more speciality gyms

Total immersion in a second language is the best way to learn it. Listen and learn.

Hi - I’ve been in search of the exact same thing (I’m also here from NYC, regular Barry’s attendee who doesn't speak Spanish) and the best I have found to date:

- Freddie’s Fit Club has a bootcamp class on Tuesday and Thursday at 7p and Saturdays at 10a. It’s in Palermo. No commitment, pay by class. He also offers personal training which is strength focused at his studio.
- I found a personal trainer who comes to the gym I joined (Palermo) and he offers a mix of strength and with some HIIT training.

Let me know if you want contact info.

Also, there’s a studio in Palermo called Pilates HIIT but classes are in Spanish. I have not tried yet.

Hi - I’ve been in search of the exact same thing (I’m also here from NYC, regular Barry’s attendee who doesn't speak Spanish) and the best I have found to date:

- Freddie’s Fit Club has a bootcamp class on Tuesday and Thursday at 7p and Saturdays at 10a. It’s in Palermo. No commitment, pay by class. He also offers personal training which is strength focused at his studio.
- I found a personal trainer who comes to the gym I joined (Palermo) and he offers a mix of strength and with some HIIT training.

Let me know if you want contact info.

Also, there’s a studio in Palermo called Pilates HIIT but classes are in Spanish. I have not tried yet.
Hi - could you DM the personal trainer's contact details?

Back