Bitcoin will now be taxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
very true, the culture of a lot of these crypto guys would work very well with life in BA if a legal regime could permit it to happen. Of course, that's unrealistic to imagine, really.

Totally unrealistic.

The part that really infuriates me is the pettiness. The huge grain exporters like Vicentin are ripping off Argentina to the tune of millions or tens of millions, with untold billions of USD per year in undocumented, untaxed transactions, and the government here does ****-all nothing about it.

As I stated before, an estimated 3 billion USD worth of squid is illegally extracted from Argentina's EEZ every year, and the government here does ****-all nothing about it.

Major property owners cheat AFIP out of thousands of dollars per year by claiming to live in what are actually rentals, and the government here does ****-all nothing about it.

I could list another dozen sources of serious potential revenue that the government could be collecting with some enforcement, but doesn't.

And yet they have to get up the ass of every little person trading a few hundred bucks worth of crypto, or selling a few things on Mercado Libre, which is chump change by any reasonable standard.

The thing that I find most funny about this is the fact it's going to push more people to exchanges that aren't registered with AFIP, i.e. digital cuevas, Binance/foreign based exchanges, etc.

Tons of Argentines that work freelance for foreign companies that are paid in dollars already do this, that way they don't have to report income/pay taxes to AFIP, and now the few that were using AFIP registered exchanges, whether for investing or pesifying wont in order to avoid the check tax.

Imagine the tax revenue if you even just modified the MULC so that people who earn in foreign currency paid their monotax/ganancias in USD and let them pesify via companies like WU or Xoom instead?

No, instead we'll push more people in to tax evasion; the potential tax revenue projected by this change assumes people will continue operating on AFIP compliant exchanges, but just wait until that doesn't happen. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

Totally unrealistic.

The part that really infuriates me is the pettiness. The huge grain exporters like Vicentin are ripping off Argentina to the tune of millions or tens of millions, with untold billions of USD per year in undocumented, untaxed transactions, and the government here does ****-all nothing about it.

As I stated before, an estimated 3 billion USD worth of squid is illegally extracted from Argentina's EEZ every year, and the government here does ****-all nothing about it.

Major property owners cheat AFIP out of thousands of dollars per year by claiming to live in what are actually rentals, and the government here does ****-all nothing about it.

I could list another dozen sources of serious potential revenue that the government could be collecting with some enforcement, but doesn't.

And yet they have to get up the ass of every little person trading a few hundred bucks worth of crypto, or selling a few things on Mercado Libre, which is chump change by any reasonable standard.

i couldn't agree more with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back