Black cardamom

cayayine

Registered
Where can I find black cardamom? Green is easy to find but black is not.

Where can I find black cardamom? Green is easy to find but black is not.

I have no specific answer for you, but the usual answer for such things is Barrio Chino. I will however check at my local dietetica tomorrow; they have all sorts of amazing stuff.

Just out of curiosity, what does one do with black cardamom?

I will be going tomorrow to my favorite dietética that has everything. I'll check for you. If they don't have it, no place does.

I have no specific answer for you, but the usual answer for such things is Barrio Chino. I will however check at my local dietetica tomorrow; they have all sorts of amazing stuff.

It's one of the spices required for homemade pho. It's usually star anise, coriander and fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick and black cardamom pods. I have all those spices except for black cardamom. Green cardamom is for sweet, black for savory.

I can't believe it. The dietetica that has everything doesn't have black cardamom. They do have whole seeds (25g for 10,000 pesos) and ground seeds. Darama SRL (Constitucion 4011 CABA) is the supplier they carry for their extensive variety of spices.
CLUB SALUDABLE has lots of organic products, so I shop there for items that my local dietetica does not stock.
Av. Callao 836 near Av. Cordoba

Back