Blacksmiths And The Artistic Metalwork In Buenos Aires

Hi Jerry and welcome!

You are really one of a kind! I think you will find plenty of locations to film here since there is no rush toward modernity in Argentina, they rather save/paint the old stuff.

I think you should pay a visit to the Tigre/Nordelta area (car required) as I saw plenty of artisanal factories of furnitures and so you will likely find those making iron stuff and wooden stuff. I don't have a specific name but I am curious to see the outcome of your work!

In the meanwhile, you are welcome to join us at one of our Expats event. Check the dedicated forum section to know the next one!
Thanks for the tip

Hi Jerry and welcome!

You are really one of a kind! I think you will find plenty of locations to film here since there is no rush toward modernity in Argentina, they rather save/paint the old stuff.

I think you should pay a visit to the Tigre/Nordelta area (car required) as I saw plenty of artisanal factories of furnitures and so you will likely find those making iron stuff and wooden stuff. I don't have a specific name but I am curious to see the outcome of your work!

In the meanwhile, you are welcome to join us at one of our Expats event. Check the dedicated forum section to know the next one!
Hi Jerry and welcome!

Serafina: My good friend Marga Fabbri is an architect and painter in San Isidro. On Sundays, tomorrow, she will be at the art fair. Her work is easy to find called Arte Naif. maybe you will meet her, introduce yourself. She always goes to the milongas on Sunday. I will try to stay in touch I will separate the words so not to open my website but you can see my work here: coe studios .com /custom Hope to meet you and your boyfriend someday, Jerry

Decorative or farrier type of blacksmith? If the latter, happy to introduce you to a bunch of farrier types although I don't know if they speak English. Do you have any spanish?
Thanks, I speak spanish, have shod horses when I trained as a carriage maker. Love to meet farriers. I ride fairly well, in Central Asia (Xing Jiang Prov China) I played buzkashi with the nomad boys a couple times. Ride english and western. Have worked on horseback and packed animals.
and you? I am a full time decorative blacksmith working across the US and France and Italy.

We raise/train silla argentinos (sport horses) on our farm, my OH is a professional rider. Our farrier will be out this week, I'll ask him if he minds chatting - he LOVES to talk so I'm sure he'll be happy to share some idea.

Decorative or farrier type of blacksmith? If the latter, happy to introduce you to a bunch of farrier types although I don't know if they speak English. Do you have any spanish?
Did you receive my reply? you can send me a private message or use my email [email protected] I would like to meet the farriers.

I am an intermediate spanish speaker. I have ridden horses a lot. I have packed animals across Central Asia and shod horses. I have played buzkashi with Kirghiz nomads, so I am comfortable with horses. Perhaps the farriers can lead me to an artistic blacksmith. I dance tango almost daily and play tango on violin. I am hoping these skills help me immerse into my subject, the people who made the artistic ironwork of BsAs.

Blacksmith in Buenos Aires, an ancestor, your grandfather, tell me about them. Herrero en Buenos Aires, un antepasado, un abuelo, hablame de ellos. I am making a film. Estoy hacienda una pelicula, gracias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isi12Q-ZeWY

Did you receive my reply? you can send me a private message or use my email [email protected] I would like to meet the farriers.

I forgot about this - apologies. I will pass along your mail to Javier, the farrier that does our horses and see if he knows of any decorative blacksmith types!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Expat Life 0
Back