Blob of mayonnaise

Davidglen77

Registered
So today I am in a large and rather upscale (neighborhood) confitería. Next to where I am standing there is a low counter and one of the girls who works there was involved in somewhat of an assembly line of Milanesa sandwiches, first she placed the milanesa patty on the bread, then lettuce, then tomato and finally a squeeze of mayonnaise on top of it all before putting the top piece of bread on. Well at about sandwich #4 and the girl squeezes the mayonnaise pouch kinda hard and a blob of the thickwhite stuff lands on the back of my hand. I screamed out of shock. I HATE mayonnaise and they put it on everything here. The people in the shop kind of freaked thought I got sick or something and the girl came over to me with a rag and wiped it off. I then asked for the bathroom and was directed to one in a patio area where I could properly clean my hand. What are peoples thoughts on the gross overuse of mayonnaise here?

Davidglen77 said:
So today I am in a large and rather upscale (neighborhood) confitería. Next to where I am standing there is a low counter and one of the girls who works there was involved in somewhat of an assembly line of Milanesa sandwiches, first she placed the milanesa patty on the bread, then lettuce, then tomato and finally a squeeze of mayonnaise on top of it all before putting the top piece of bread on. Well at about sandwich #4 and the girl squeezes the mayonnaise pouch kinda hard and a blob of the thickwhite stuff lands on the back of my hand. I screamed out of shock. I HATE mayonnaise and they put it on everything here. The people in the shop kind of freaked thought I got sick or something and the girl came over to me with a rag and wiped it off. I then asked for the bathroom and was directed to one in a patio area where I could properly clean my hand. What are peoples thoughts on the gross overuse of mayonnaise here?
did u check ur wallet after this incident happend?? :eek:

PhilipDT said:
Its gross. I made an excellent meal and served it to my roomates, one of the components was rice and before I had a chance to serve the wine sauce that I had prepared with the duck specifically for the rice one of my roommies splurted mayo all over his rice. I felt sick to my stomach. after asking him what the fuck was wrong with him he said that he saw rice and rice goes with mayo.

Then on another occasion I had made a quite yummy if I may say so my self salad with sun dried tomatoes goat cheese walnuts and apple chunks with a bespoke dressing. Gave it to different but still argentine roommate and without even trying it he puts mayo on it and then procededs to pick out all of the ingredients which cost a fair penny.

UGHHH

and lets not fucking talk about the time I saw one of them opening a can (of some nasty looking veggies) with THE TIP of one of my expensive knives.

nor the time one of them dropped ice cubes into a cup of 120p/bottle wine which I graciously offered him, with out even trying it.

Sometimes I wonder if these people were born in a barn???

ugh excuse the bad spelling and grammar I'm done ranting now.

I totally understand where you are coming from, I have had both experiences, some Argentines have loved trying new foods that I have introduced them to (that exist here, but they have never tried) like eating a side salad with pizza, chicken soup, stir fry dishes with lots of vegetables, etc. And some have just ruined good food with loads of mayonnaise and that awful "salsa golf" which is actually russian dressing. And it took me a long time to get used to drinking red wine cold. In New York City that would be an outrage unless it was a mixed wine drink like Sangría (which people don't really know about here, which is surprising).

BROOKLYN said:
did u check ur wallet after this incident happend?? :eek:

I actually did think of that for a minute!! But then I realized that this was truly a mayonnaise mishap and not a robbery attempt.

Argentina has lots of mayo freaks, the US has lots of cheddar goop freaks ;) ( oh and ketchup freaks! )

nikad said:
Argentina has lots of mayo freaks, the US has lots of cheddar goop freaks ;) ( oh and ketchup freaks! )
Yes, but last week I saw a guy putting mayo on pizza. Now that is just over the top. Or maybe mayo is the perfect compliment to BA pizza. Take your pick.

ghost said:
Yes, but last week I saw a guy putting mayo on pizza. Now that is just over the top. Or maybe mayo is the perfect compliment to BA pizza. Take your pick.

Mayonnaise on PIZZA? That's almost as bad as PIZZA with hard boiled eggs and salsa golf -------GROSS !!!!!!!

In Utah, they put sugar in everything.
I think thats grosser than mayo.
In Thailand, they put salt in the orange juice.
I think thats grosser than mayo.
In many parts of the USA, there are people who put ketchup on everything.
Ketchup on eggs?
Much grosser than mayo.

I have a kid who puts Sriracha (Vietnamese hot sauce) on everything.
I think thats pretty gross.

But really, you are talking about personal taste here.
And all of us like different things.

some times it gets really hot, 95+ and putting ice in your wine tastes pretty darn good!
Nancy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Expat Life 9
Back