Blue Dollar 2013 Projections .... Blue Sky...!!

Imagine the outcry in the US media were Brazilians, say, able to take advantage of a similar situation with US currency when they’re in NYC. Or, is this just another of those things that couldn’t possibly ever happen........

Well the Americans in Bellingham, WA have already gotten pissed off by the number of Canadians coming down and taking advantage of the high CAD and the lower costs of gas and milk. They got so angry that the Costco was "filled with Canadians" buying their milk that they started a petition for "American only" times.

And you've got the guys in the South that are frantically anti-Mexican immigrants (well, not just the south) -- so yeah, in a country with that many people you've certainly got enough whackos that would be up in arms if visitors were getting that much more power out of their currency. Fox news would be all over that type of story....

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/americans-fed-canadians-taking-over-local-costco-124454335--abc-news-deals.html

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article/423474--more-complaints-about-canadians-shopping-in-the-us

It must feel rotten to be an Argentine living on a peso income from his local employer and out for a modest meal to see foreigners at the next table buying expensive wines because they got their pesos with $US at the black market, 30% plus better, exchange rate. Especially when those foreigners so often say that their country's systems and its approaches to money are better or uncorrupted. Were I Argentine, I'd hope that they're here for a more dignified reason than needing somewhere to luxe out in on the cheap or because they thought they should just be able to live here and have more than 90% of Argentines have.

Imagine the outcry in the US media were Brazilians, say, able to take advantage of a similar situation with US currency when they’re in NYC. Or, is this just another of those things that couldn’t possibly ever happen........

This may be news for you, but US and Europeans with strong currencies have done it for years Spain in the 70's then Italy Greece then Morocco as Cheap travel destinations. Not to mention Thailand and Vietnam and Asian countries for Sex tours, Cuba today you couldn't eat thinking local engineers live on less than $1 dollar a day.!! :cool:

When filthy rich Iranians and Arabs in the 80's invaded Europe and the USA buying major hotels, it was our turn to "surrender" When Russians millionaires invaded Marbella it was one of those things. :mad:

When Argentineans had the strongest currency in the area during the 1:1 in the 90's and invaded Miami and Brasil with Deme Dos, While poor Americans were earning a meager $3 an hour...? Did They felt guilty...?? Noooo :mad:

Sometimes we are on top sometimes you must Bottom :D Just enjoy your steak... :wub:

Life is a beach and then we die (California Version) :D

This may be news for you, but US and Europeans with strong currencies have done it for years Spain in the 70's then Italy Greece then Morocco as Cheap travel destinations. Not to mention Thailand and Vietnam and Asian countries for Sex tours, Cuba today you couldn't eat thinking local engineers live on less than $1 dollar a day.!! :cool:

When filthy rich Iranians and Arabs in the 80's invaded Europe and the USA buying major hotels, it was our turn to "surrender" When Russians millionaires invaded Marbella it was one of those things. :mad:

When Argentineans had the strongest currency in the area during the 1:1 in the 90's and invaded Miami and Brasil with Deme Dos, While poor Americans were earning a meager $3 an hour...? Did They felt guilty...?? Noooo :mad:

Sometimes we are on top sometimes you must Bottom :D Just enjoy your steak... :wub:

Life is a beach and then we die (California Version) :D

Very true, and me as Argentinian do the same if i go to miami, I surely buy every electronic item i can carry with me and all the cloth that i could need for the entire year lol, because what? simple is far more cheap in America, if some one ask me if i feel that I’m taking advantage of the American? not at all, actually it help the economy there and Americans that spend money here produce the same beneficial effect here, simple economy. So no one should feel ashamed of spending money in some place that is cheaper than your country, in fact by doing so you are helping the economy there.

It must feel rotten to be an Argentine living on a peso income from his local employer and out for a modest meal to see foreigners at the next table buying expensive wines because they got their pesos with $US at the black market, 30% plus better, exchange rate.

Why would anybody feel bad about this? I go to restaurants all the time and see people ordering wine I can't afford, I fly on airplanes and see people flying in seats I can't afford, I drive down the highway and see people driving nicer cars than I, etc. Some people have more money than I do, some people have less, why would I let something like that bother me?

I've been told so often that Argentina would be cheap again, as in 2003-2006 but so far it's still one of the most expensive countries in Latin America and don't see no changes. I guess CFK would never allow a devaluation or continuos devaluation as in Brazil. But hopefully I'm wrong.
I was 2,5 weeks now in BsArs and was amazed how expensive is BsARs still. Back in Bogota I feel great with the diversity of food, the kindness of Colombians and last but not least the affordable prices, not really cheap but for sure cheaper than bad quality products and services in BsArs.

You mean like this?
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/24/travel/brazilian-tourist-invasion/index.html

or like this?
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Tourism-From-Brazil--128860108.html

I wish Argentina was cheaper than my country, I paid £1.70 for a 500ml bottle of Diet Coke in Palermo this week. (12 pesos). I wouldnt pay that in Central London.

Plenty of locals are making money, buying dollars from tourists like me and my friends at 5.5 or less and reselling them for more.

Back