Blue Dollar 2013 Projections .... Blue Sky...!!

The people I talk to think the difference is going to get smaller in 2013 since the government is going to start devaluing at 2% per month now. Remember we got the difference in the first place because they refused to let the dollar keep pace with inflation Now if they fix that, we probably shouldn't see the blue getting too much higher -- i.e. it should maintain a 30-35% difference or perhaps even close the gap.
I'm confused, are you referring to the USA$ keeping pace with inflation at 2% per month?
Seems like with Bernacke printing huge amounts of US$ the value should be dropping.

It must feel rotten to be an Argentine living on a peso income from his local employer and out for a modest meal to see foreigners at the next table buying expensive wines because they got their pesos with $US at the black market, 30% plus better, exchange rate. Especially when those foreigners so often say that their country's systems and its approaches to money are better or uncorrupted. Were I Argentine, I'd hope that they're here for a more dignified reason than needing somewhere to luxe out in on the cheap or because they thought they should just be able to live here and have more than 90% of Argentines have.

Imagine the outcry in the US media were Brazilians, say, able to take advantage of a similar situation with US currency when they’re in NYC. Or, is this just another of those things that couldn’t possibly ever happen........

I see what you are trying to say, but like others have pointed out Brazilians are in the US taking advantage of low costs of clothing, electronics, etc. Russians and Chinese are buying up real estate, Arabs bought huge stakes in major US corporation during the crash. The media is cheerleading the US to ease restrictions so Chinese and Brazilians can buy up goods in NYC. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/bloomingdale-s-awaits-chinese-shoppers-as-obama-speeds-up-visas.html

People regardless of their nationality should be able to spend money as they please within reasonable limits. Nationalism of any sort has the potential to be very dangerous. It breaks people off into groups and create an "us and them" attitude. Much research shows that when people are so-grouped they do strange things.

I see what you are trying to say, but like others have pointed out Brazilians are in the US taking advantage of low costs of clothing, electronics, etc. Russians and Chinese are buying up real estate, Arabs bought huge stakes in major US corporation during the crash. The media is cheerleading the US to ease restrictions so Chinese and Brazilians can buy up goods in NYC. http://www.bloomberg...s-up-visas.html

People regardless of their nationality should be able to spend money as they please within reasonable limits. Nationalism of any sort has the potential to be very dangerous. It breaks people off into groups and create an "us and them" attitude. Much research shows that when people are so-grouped they do strange things.

Very true I've experienced this "US" and "them" , I've been told on numerous occasions " You people have dollars and come here to take advantage of Us" , you feel better than us because of your dollars, I'm sure in your country you were a rat...!! :cool:

Very true I've experienced this "US" and "them" , I've been told on numerous occasions " You people have dollars and come here to take advantage of Us" , you feel better than us because of your dollars, I'm sure in your country you were a rat...!! :cool:

If i were you i would be watching with how you meet

It must feel rotten to be an Argentine living on a peso income from his local employer and out for a modest meal to see foreigners at the next table buying expensive wines because they got their pesos with $US at the black market, 30% plus better, exchange rate. Especially when those foreigners so often say that their country's systems and its approaches to money are better or uncorrupted. Were I Argentine, I'd hope that they're here for a more dignified reason than needing somewhere to luxe out in on the cheap or because they thought they should just be able to live here and have more than 90% of Argentines have.

Imagine the outcry in the US media were Brazilians, say, able to take advantage of a similar situation with US currency when they’re in NYC. Or, is this just another of those things that couldn’t possibly ever happen........

If I were to cry for Argentina, I would be crying crocodile tears. The people have chosen their leaders, repeatedly, They have no one but themselves to blame for their current situation..

As far as the US goes, we have had a similar situation for the last few decades, though not nearly to the same degree as the Argentinians. First it was Arabs buying up all the real estate and flashing their money around, then the Japanese, soon probably Chinese and Indians. Soon, people in the US will probably be much poorer in relation to other countries and people in the US WILL be faced with much more commonly people coming from other countries who will be more wealthy than most in the US. And the people of the Us are to blame for that as well because they are choosing poorly how to lead their nation, much as the Argentines have done

"It's not fair :(" Boohoo. Instead of crying about others more fortunate and hating them, they should put the blame where it belongs for their situation, on themselves, and do something about it. But playing the "it's not fair" game is much easier.

[font='Arial'']Those who've commented on or referred to my earlier post so far have missed its point. I didn’t question the practice of purchasing goods or services in countries other than one’s own. Neither was I talking about how poorer people feel about having less than the rich. Instead, I was talking about how foreigners with access to $US obtaining a black market rate in BA to buy pesos nurtures the growth of a black currency exchange market and the illegal activities these depend upon or breed. I was questioning the propriety of supporting that so as to enable oneself to have things for 30% less than what they cost the 90% of Argentines who don’t use or budget their peso expenditures in terms of what they’d cost in $US at the black rate. [/font]
[font='Arial''] [/font]
[font='Arial'']Brazilians who shop in the US aren’t using black market rates in the US or supporting a black currency market there. They’re exchanging money at the bank rate of banks and exchange houses that are legal and authorized to conduct exchanges. This IS what assures Americans, for example, that Brazilians aren’t paying less than US citizens pay for goods and services sold in the USA. [/font]
[font='Arial''] [/font]
[font='Arial'']Surely, Argentines deserve the same respect from us when we’re in their country. The fact that some of us think that Argentina runs some things badly, that the official Argentine exchange rates for foreign currency must be wrong or that inflation in BA means being there might cost us more are incapable of justifying non-compliance with Argentine law or its spirit when we’re there. [/font]
[font='Arial''] [/font]
[font='Arial''] [/font]
[font='Arial'']If foreigners visited my country and were effectively charged 35% less than I pay, I’d be outraged. [/font]

Those who've commented on or referred to my earlier post so far have missed its point. I didn’t question the practice of purchasing goods or services in countries other than one’s own. Neither was I talking about how poorer people feel about having less than the rich. Instead, I was talking about how foreigners with access to $US obtaining a black market rate in BA to buy pesos nurtures the growth of a black currency exchange market and the illegal activities these depend upon or breed. I was questioning the propriety of supporting that so as to enable oneself to have things for 30% less than what they cost the 90% of Argentines who don’t use or budget their peso expenditures in terms of what they’d cost in $US at the black rate.

Brazilians who shop in the US aren’t using black market rates in the US or supporting a black currency market there. They’re exchanging money at the bank rate of banks and exchange houses that are legal and authorized to conduct exchanges. This IS what assures Americans, for example, that Brazilians aren’t paying less than US citizens pay for goods and services sold in the USA.

Surely, Argentines deserve the same respect from us when we’re in their country. The fact that some of us think that Argentina runs some things badly, that the official Argentine exchange rates for foreign currency must be wrong or that inflation in BA means being there might cost us more are incapable of justifying non-compliance with Argentine law or its spirit when we’re there.

If foreigners visited my country and were effectively charged 35% less than I pay, I’d be outraged.

In Argentina the "blue" rate IS the market rate, the official rate is a false construct of the Argentina authorities.
In the US or most other liberal democracies one buys one currency at the true market rate (give or take a couple of % depending on volume)..

The government in Argnentina have created a black market which didnt exist before last October.

The mafia in the US came to strength because of alcohol prohibition in the 1930s and Mexico is in the grip of terror because if the prohibition of drugs. Goverments create black markets and there is never a shortage of clients.

Brazilians who shop in the US aren’t using black market rates in the US or supporting a black currency market there. They’re exchanging money at the bank rate of banks and exchange houses that are legal and authorized to conduct exchanges. This IS what assures Americans, for example, that Brazilians aren’t paying less than US citizens pay for goods and services sold in the USA.

Surely, Argentines deserve the same respect from us when we’re in their country. The fact that some of us think that Argentina runs some things badly, that the official Argentine exchange rates for foreign currency must be wrong or that inflation in BA means being there might cost us more are incapable of justifying non-compliance with Argentine law or its spirit when we’re there.

There is no "black market" for currencies in the US because you may buy and sell currency without restrictions. Black markets only exist when the government or some other force does not offer adequate supply. Therefore, without currency restrictions parallel markets don't exist, thats why you only see them pop up in countries that limit the ability for one to buy and sell currency legally. If there was no demand from Argentines for dollars, then a black market would not exist. You can't be outraged at the person at the other end of the transaction. It's not that some of us think the official exchange rate must be wrong, its the marketplace that's essentially saying the official rate is wrong, because there is demand from buyers to pay more per dollar than which the official rate is.

... and Americans that spend money here produce the same beneficial effect here, simple economy. So no one should feel ashamed of spending money in some place that is cheaper than your country, in fact by doing so you are helping the economy there.
Precisely.

The "rich" expats transfer and spend app 2 billion pesos/year in much needed foreign currency to Argentina.

Back